What's new

A Gun for Armadillo

Amen to that! Could you imagine an armor plated, gun totin' critter?!?
Emerson, Lake & Palmer did. [emoji38]
downloadfile.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses. The armadillo, though, seems to have moved on. The family jokes it knows what I intended. Found very little digging on the property over the past week. A search around the foundations and shrubbery hasn't turned up any burrows.

The digging is the problem. They present a trip hazard, which is bad news for the elderly.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks for the responses. The armadillo, though, seems to have moved on. The family jokes it knows what I intended. Found very little digging on the property over the past week. A search around the foundations and shrubbery hasn't turned up any burrows.

The digging is the problem. They present a trip hazard, which is bad news for the elderly.
Good news!

My Great Aunt had a .410 shotgun by her kitchen door, until she passed in her 90s. She leased her pasture out to dairy farmers and would shoot groundhogs. Their holes would threaten to break a cow‘s leg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have shot a bunch of them with a 22 and killed them.

I have pulled them out of holes and warped them against a tree to kill them.

Coon hound pups like to run them in holes and then bark at them until you break them from it.

I won't contradict another man's experience, but I have never seen a 22 fail to penetrate them.

.357 Magnum in a Rossi R92 Lever gun makes them look like they have been hit by a grenade. At least that's what I have observed.

Interesting. They were all over the S. Texas ranch that I grew up on. Never shot one. Dad made us eat anything (besides snakes and rodents) that we killed. Only killed one possum LOL.
That was my dad‘s rule as well.

Get serious. When you want it vaporized, .45-70 will eliminate your armadillos. After you're out of armadillos, .45-70 will take about anything you want to put into your freezer.

I've got both Trapdoors and a Marlin & have specific handloads for each. The lead Trapdoor load is substantial, but the full-power Marlin load is spectacular.

Top Bottom