What's new

A Great New UK Cream (Fendrihan Cobranded)

Fendrihan just brought out there new line of creams from the UK so I thought I would one and see what they were like. I was originally going to try their Aloe water version but settled on their Euro scent instead because I like the fragrance notes (bergamot, cedar, lemon and patchouli). I won't list the ingredients, but they are very similar to other UK creams and you can take a look here Fendrihan Shaving Creams - Made in England with main ingredients being stearic acid, myristic acid, potassium hydroxide coconut oil, and glycerin and probably most similar to GFT.

It arrived today and I tried my first shave on it and wasn't disappointed. This is very similar to other UK creams such as TOBS, St James, and GFT. Scent strength was pretty much middle of the road, neither really strong but not weak either and lasted through out the shave. The scent was pleasant but nothing that leapt out at me, I liked it but didn't love it. Lather production was very quick and easy as would be expected and the lather was voluminous, protective and slick like other UK creams. In shave performance was top notch but post shave was also typical in being rather mediocre and those who have dryer skin will probably find it a bit drying like other creams of this type.

Overall, if you like the UK creams this is something that you will want to try, and it's substantially less than TOBS ($16.95 vice $21.50 Canadian at Fendrihan) and performs about as well as TOBS and GFT.

Last edited:
“Euro”; giving a version of this U.K. made soap the name of the European currency that Great Britain choose not to adopt, who are leaving the European Union anyway.

The folks at Fendrihan seem to have a quirky sense of humour, don’t you think?

In any case, the list of scents sounds appealing.

B.

“Euro”; giving a version of this U.K. made soap the name of the European currency that Great Britain choose not to adopt, who are leaving the European Union anyway.

The folks at Fendrihan seem to have a quirky sense of humour, don’t you think?

In any case, the list of scents sounds appealing.

B.

LOL I thought so too at first, but I'm not sure what the scent refers to. It's obviously a recreation of some popular scent but I can't quite put my finger on it. It's growing on me and I love all the notes so I'm sure it will something I reach for a lot.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm glad to see 'glycerin' down in the ingredients list. I usually avoid creams that have glycerin listed in the top 3 ingredients.

Wonder if they'll follow up with a post shave product in matching scents.

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I'm glad to see 'glycerin' down in the ingredients list. I usually avoid creams that have glycerin listed in the top 3 ingredients.

Wonder if they'll follow up with a post shave product in matching scents.

I think they probably will, I'm also interested in their soaps now. They are a German brand so it might be something like Klar or Tabac, which would be great, but I haven't seen the ingredients list. Their French soap is a sodium potassium base so I'm going to avoid that one.

Fendrihan just brought out there new line of creams from the UK so I thought I would one and see what they were like. I was originally going to try their Aloe water version but settled on their Euro scent instead because I like the fragrance notes (bergamot, cedar, lemon and patchouli). I won't list the ingredients, but they are very similar to other UK creams and you can take a look here Fendrihan Shaving Creams - Made in England with main ingredients being stearic acid, myristic acid, potassium hydroxide coconut oil, and glycerin and probably most similar to GFT.

It arrived today and I tried my first shave on it and wasn't disappointed. This is very similar to other UK creams such as TOBS, St James, and GFT. Scent strength was pretty much middle of the road, neither really strong but not weak either and lasted through out the shave. The scent was pleasant but nothing that leapt out at me, I liked it but didn't love it. Lather production was very quick and easy as would be expected and the lather was voluminous, protective and slick like other UK creams. In shave performance was top notch but post shave was also typical in being rather mediocre and those who have dryer skin will probably find it a bit drying like other creams of this type.

Overall, if you like the UK creams this is something that you will want to try, and it's substantially less than TOBS ($16.95 vice $21.50 Canadian at Fendrihan) and performs about as well as TOBS and GFT.

Nice write up! Curious what the Deer scented shaving cream would smell like.

I think they probably will, I'm also interested in their soaps now. They are a German brand so it might be something like Klar or Tabac....

As this is the first time ever I heard this, can you share with us where you got this information from?

As this is the first time ever I heard this, can you share with us where you got this information from?

Just speculation (on a lot of hope!) based on country of origin and what's popular there. I would have to order and see the ingredients and performance. The soap seems to be a pretty reasonable price as well.

Looking at their German brands they have a lot of good ones (Klar, Gold Dachs, Speik, Klar, EJ etc) so if they are cobranding with one of these it should be a really good soap.

ETA ok just did a bit more reading and these are vegan soaps, so not Tabac but looks like possibly Klar based on their indication of palm and glycerin. Also, the price would indicate a somewhat discounted Klar as well so I'll buy a puck and see how it does.

Last edited:

Interesting, thx for posting.
The ingredients list looks lots like standard Creightons shave cream.

Interesting, thx for posting.
The ingredients list looks lots like standard Creightons shave cream.

My thoughts exactly. The big thing is that the packaging and scents aren't as pricey as GFT and T&H so you get the same base with a lot less cost. I paid .10/g for what I would normally pay a lot more for and it's known as one of the best cream bases on the market. :)

My thoughts exactly. The big thing is that the packaging and scents aren't as pricey as GFT and T&H so you get the same base with a lot less cost. I paid .10/g for what I would normally pay a lot more for and it's known as one of the best cream bases on the market. :)

well, the pricier brands might be adding some more moisturizers and oils as well.

well, the pricier brands might be adding some more moisturizers and oils as well.

I believe that allantoin is the one you see in creams a lot for moisturizing but I don't get much moisturizing from GFT, St James or T&H so the post shave feels about the same. The EO's are probably the big thing, but performance seems to be identical for me, and performance is more important to me. :)

If you do end up getting this please let me know your opinion of the performance vice the other Creightons offerings since you have a lot more experience with them than I do.

Last edited:
I believe that allantoin is the one you see in creams a lot for moisturizing but I don't get much moisturizing from GFT, St James or T&H so the post shave feels about the same. The EO's are probably the big thing, but performance seems to be identical for me, and performance is more important to me. :)

If you do end up getting this please let me know your opinion of the performance vice the other Creightons offerings since you have a lot more experience with them than I do.

thx for the added thoughts, i'll probably pass on these for now, just too many soaps and creams hanging around already!

I think they probably will, I'm also interested in their soaps now. They are a German brand so it might be something like Klar or Tabac, which would be great, but I haven't seen the ingredients list. Their French soap is a sodium potassium base so I'm going to avoid that one.

David, their German soap have the exact same ingredients as Klar. Same performance but the Fendrihan have a very mild scent

David, their German soap have the exact same ingredients as Klar. Same performance but the Fendrihan have a very mild scent

Thanks for that info, that was my suspicion and now I'm definitely going to order. Getting Klar for that price is a real deal!

Top Bottom