What's new

A Grapefruit Aftershave? Recommendations Please!

I was sitting on the floor playing with my LEGO Stalingrad set, and Mrs Ladd was typing emails to various world leaders with ideas for strategies and improvements in their governance, as you do on a monday.

I said

"What is your favourite scent then?" I had never actually asked this.

She said

"I like grapefruit" This threw me aback somewhat, and I accidently knocked over the grain elevator in my reaction.

So does anyone have any grapefruit smelling aftershave recommendations?

Last edited:
What's Floid original like? I would like to try that. Any citrus or vaguely grapefruity stuff going on? I like how it develops from what I have read on it.

lasta

Blade Biter
Does TOBS have grapefruit in aftershave form? Being a Londoner, you could pick one up and enjoy it same day! Unlike the rest of us E-commerce bargain hunters.

Floid has nothing fruity about it as far as I can tell. Sweet, balsamic, herbal, woody, maybe a hint of booze.

What's Floid original like? I would like to try that. Any citrus or vaguely grapefruity stuff going on? I like how it develops from what I have read on it.
Nope, sweet talcum and some herbal notes nothing citric.

Officina Artigiana Milano Stay Traditional is an absolute Grapefruit bomb on the other hand :)

13EB23D5-98FE-4893-99AD-F23A14D408B7.jpeg

What's Floid original like?
Floïds is more Barbershop. Nothing fruity as far as I can tell, let a alone grapefruit. Turkish aftershaves ate more fruity, although I think mostly lemon or citrus.

Mühle has grapefruit & mint aftershave. And Davidoff has grapefruit & sage. Haven’t tried these so cannot tell if they are strong scented or not.

Guido

This isn't a slam on it, since it's a favorite of mine, but it's more of a "generic" orange scent, more powdery, and doesn't bring citrus to my mind.

Are you basically looking for something akin to TOBS grapefruit cream? That's a great one, but I know of no equivalent AS they have ever made.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've been tempted on the 'Bay several times by "Davidoff Grapefruit".... Fear of the War Department keeps me away....of course, she might love it! She loves Arko. And me, of course. What's not to love?!

What a lucky Dame!

Adidas Ice Dive has a prominent grapefruit note and it comes as an aftershave or cologne

Yes, this is good to know. I hadn't thought about Adidas in quite a while. I knew that there was a Dynamic Pulse, but I didn't know about the others. They sound appealing. I might have to try some.

I've been tempted on the 'Bay several times by "Davidoff Grapefruit".... Fear of the War Department keeps me away....of course, she might love it! She loves Arko. And me, of course. What's not to love?!

What a lucky Dame!
I suspect this is the real reason the postal service doesn't allow certain shaving products to be delivered to P.O. boxes. The wife lobby probably secured this against any husbands trying to rent a box to hide their shaving deliveries from prying eyes.

Maybe those with more refined schnozzes than my own know this, but I had never heard of the word "pamplemousse" before, which just means grapefruit in French (or Dutch, maybe?)

Top Bottom