What's new

A good frag to mate with Proraso Red?

I'm not looking for something to compliment Proraso red, but something that smells exactly like it. So far no luck. the last I tried was D.R. Harris Marlborough, that smelled of tar and some sandalwood, but not even close to Proraso Red.

I'm curious about Barrister&Mann Fougère Gothique, can someone give me a hint about how that compares to Proraso red? It would be appreciated. Meanwhile the hunt continues. Hopefully Proraso one day starts to sell Proraso red as an EDT.

Edit: I have tried most of the very good suggestions in this thread, and I love sandalwood, but in this particular case I'm after the very same scent.

No scent like Red Proraso. So unique smell. Get the ASL and bath with it!

I hunt the same thing with Proraso Blue! But I love the Red line also!

That's what I'm talking about! Very long lasting scent! Did you get the spraying head to put in the tip of the bottle?
I've got one ounce used for a bottle of Floïd Vigoroso, but I use my hands. However even so the scent goes away within six hours, I'd like it to stay for at least a whole day.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I went on an A/S kick recently and picked up a bottle of Proraso Red. I didn't think I was a sandalwood fan, but apparently I am, and more importantly, my wife is now. :) Any of you gents know a good frag to match with it? Proraso Red's scent profile is sandalwood, and nothing but sandalwood. I'm looking at the TOBS Luxury Sandalwood, but are there others? AoS's sounds very eucalyptus-forward and hence not very appealing to me.
I just saw today that Proraso has a line of Cologne. Fendrihan has their “Wood and Spice” and a description. Sandlewood is mentioned in the description. It is Italian so
must be good. I became addictied to Proraso Red soap and AS this month and am looking for a match too.

Wood and Spice scent has nothing to do with Proraso Red. The Red is pure Sandalwood, maybe THE best sandalwood for me.

Rose, oud, and leather all pair nicely with sandalwood. The Proraso red would likely pair nicely with almost any cologne from one of these other fragrances.

Top Bottom