What's new

A good Arko blend with what other soap (s)

Mitchell's Wool Fat
Haslinger Sensitive (unscented)
Razorock Gold Label hard soap (maybe Black Label also)

Look for a hard soap with a mild compatible scent, such as citrus or barbershop type scents, or unscented.
Thanks. I have the 4 Razorock tubs. Maybe black and gold and Arko?

I just bought some MWF and Haslinger unscented. Will be awhile before it arrives as it was from the UK

Thanks. I have the 4 Razorock tubs. Maybe black and gold and Arko?

I just bought some MWF and Haslinger unscented. Will be awhile before it arrives as it was from the UK
I'd choose either Black or Gold to start with and mix them about 50/50. That right there would be around 150g of soap, enough to last you several months.

Haslinger Sensitive has no scent so it will mix with most things.

Mitchell's scent is very mild, like old fashioned soap from the 1940s.

Threw the last bits of Old Spice Sport bar soap in with Arko. Makes a nice lather, scent and shave. This will be a dedicated odds and ends (Arko based) Frankensoap mug.
1655486617921.png

I use 50/50 Arko & MWF (Woolko) - lovely, adds the MWF lanolin to your Arko. Easy to grate MWF as it's so hard, refrigerate the Arko makes it grate better.

I also make up 50/50 Cella & MWF which is wonderful also - the Cella needs freezing first to grate and mix but does give a firm stick when mixed 50/50 with MWF once left overnight after pressing into the twist up container.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I would tend to look for other shave sticks to grate. La Toja, Wilkinson Sword, Speick, Tabac and Palmolive all come to mind. Stick to tallow, just my preference.

Top Bottom