What's new

a good aftershave moisturizer?

shaves seem to leave my face dry, so I'm looking for a moisturizer, and instead of ordering on the internet my local pharmacy has proraso white cream aftershave, and burts bees aftershave lotion. are these any good at all?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I use Clinique M Lotion and Castle Forbes Lime balm - which are both very good (although the CF is not cheap). I have not used the two you list, but I often read good things about Nivea, which is often available locally.

I can't comment on either of those since I've never tried them. But here's my recommendation for a good moisturizer to use after your aftershave. Pond's Dry Skin Cream. Available at local pharmacies and places like Walmart, Target, and even grocery stores. A little goes a long way and works great. I've used it daily for about 15 years now.

Nivea AS Balm for sensative skin is excellent for this purpose. And it's relatively cheep and available at nearly every pharmacy.

I also use the Nivea As for sensitive skin and I like it. It has a nice fresh modern smell that is not overpowering. I don't know if it's the witch hazel water, the after shave or the balm combination but I haven't have razor burn or any problem using it, it works.

heard CF asb is not as moisturizing as you want it to be, and also costs $50 a bottle.

for example, my Nivea ASB was more moisturizing than T&H Ultimate Comfort ASB which is $30 a tube. Surprisingly enough the UC had alcohol in it, which is probably why it dried out. I don't know what is in the CF but check the ingredients wisely!

Nivea is probably the cheapest, best ASB you can get. I am going to drop serious $ on ASBs, but I somehow know deep in my heart that this will be a staple in my den.

heard CF asb is not as moisturizing as you want it to be, and also costs $50 a bottle.

for example, my Nivea ASB was more moisturizing than T&H Ultimate Comfort ASB which is $30 a tube. Surprisingly enough the UC had alcohol in it, which is probably why it dried out. I don't know what is in the CF but check the ingredients wisely!

Nivea is probably the cheapest, best ASB you can get. I am going to drop serious $ on ASBs, but I somehow know deep in my heart that this will be a staple in my den.

Cant go wrong with the Nivea. And as was said you can find it everywhere. I got mine at WalMart and I love it. It feel great on the skin and has a nice scent that doesnt linger or last overly long(which I like)

shaves seem to leave my face dry, so I'm looking for a moisturizer, and instead of ordering on the internet my local pharmacy has proraso white cream aftershave, and burts bees aftershave lotion. are these any good at all?

I have been using the Nivea for men sensitive aftershave and its GREAT! My face drinks this stuff in and never feels dry all day long.

Another vote for Nivea ASB, either version. Also, I keep coming back to Afta (by Mennen) Aftershave Skin Conditioner. Great value and it works.

The Proraso White ASB is lovely, especially if you can find the white soap too. However, it's twice the price of the Nivea Senstive ASB and does exactly the same job.

Picked up some Dove mens care sensitive face lotion on clearance at wallyworld the other day for 3 bucks. Seems to have helped my dry skin in this cold winter season. Wish I would've bought some more as now I've been back and it's gone baby gone haha.

just typed this same response on another thread....

eShave aftershave balm (in the tub, not the lotion in the bottle).
The Gentlemans Refinery aftershave
Cade aftershave

Proraso white and Nivea are the only 2 balms I use. I use the normal Nivea which has alcohol in it but it's still moisturizing. I will buy the sensitive version with no alcohol once my bottle is finished to see if there is any difference.

I can totally recommend I coloniali soothing aftershave emulsion. Ticks all the boxes for me. If you can try, do.

I'm using the Jack Black moisturizer and it is awesome!! It was a gift and a bit pricy, but man does it make your face feel great!

Has anyone tried the Lucky Tiger? If so, what did you think?

Top Bottom