What's new

A Gift to make Smiles 🙂

Graydog

Biblical Innards
So the thing I always seem to do is start another handle before I finish the first PXL_20210610_182443227.PORTRAIT.jpg
It's going well but while I was waiting for things to dry I changed some grain direction and cut some 2 inch blocks and flipped them sideways and glued them together and I think it will turn out nice , same wood different direction
PXL_20210610_182429432.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

I like relative smooth American style handles without much ridges but lots of textures going on so I like the second much more (as I do you other glued ones).

So the thing I always seem to do is start another handle before I finish the firstView attachment 1279742
It's going well but while I was waiting for things to dry I changed some grain direction and cut some 2 inch blocks and flipped them sideways and glued them together and I think it will turn out nice , same wood different directionView attachment 1279747
Omg - that'll be another beauty 😍

I'm sorry to be increasingly repetitive when I see your work, but.... wow. Just wow.

So the thing I always seem to do is start another handle before I finish the firstView attachment 1279742
It's going well but while I was waiting for things to dry I changed some grain direction and cut some 2 inch blocks and flipped them sideways and glued them together and I think it will turn out nice , same wood different directionView attachment 1279747
That second picture is beautiful. I’m in awe of what a simple piece of wood can look like. Thanks for sharing.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I will be posting both of these sometime next week when they are finished in a collaboration Pif from @Nick Obermire (thanks for the wood Nick) and myself. Both will be drilled out for a 26mm knots. Hopefully a quality knot that will be sent to me to set in the handle that you win.
And bringing Smiles to your face for sometime. So be watching.
Question for you guys , where should I post them ?

You do nice work Steve!

I always enjoyed working with Chechen. Another more common name for it is Caribbean Rosewood.

It takes metallic dye like TransTint well and doesn't hide the grain. Using plain red, green or blue gives a crazy cool effect.

Top Bottom