What's new

A Gift From Ken At Paladin

I’ve been wanting to tell this story for awhile.

Back in July of 2017, on a slow Sunday, I happened on one of Ken’s brush making threads. Brushology: On Knot Depth-of-Set, Loft, and Conformation The forum was pretty dead, as is likely to happen on a summer Sunday afternoon. I think to generate a little activity, Ken offered a Paladin soap to the next person other than himself to make a post.

I of course read it as Paladin. Paladin makes brushes! I just won a Paladin brush! I was overjoyed! Ecstatic! I went and told the girl what happened, and was literally jumping up and down!

I promptly sent Ken a PM something like: “OmygodIcantbelieveitIvewantedanicebrushforawhile”

A few minutes later I went and re-read the thread so I could bask in my good fortune. Then I finally noticed I’d won a soap! Not a brush! I laughed my *** off! Seriously, loud and long. Occasionally my own idiocy is highly entertaining. This was one of those times.

I PM’ed Ken with my newfound understanding, and the great laugh I’d had, and thanked him for the opportunity to have owned a Paladin for 5 minutes, even if it was only in my head! He asked if I had won a brush, which one would I pick? I told him a Chief in faux horn. He said he hadn’t made anything in faux horn in a long time, as it was a pain to get good results from. He basically said he didn’t want me to be disappointed, and would make me the brush I wanted.

It took a little while, but this showed up in the mail today!
CFB27A8F-75B4-4E5D-96B1-312BF90CB1C9.jpeg

He even remembered the soap!

My photography skills don’t do it justice. And the knot feels like it will be something really special.

This is a gift I will always treasure.

Thanks Ken.

Wow, great gift! It’s basically a one off unless he made more with it?
He’s made a few other Faux Horn brushes since we first talked about it. The material comes as a meter long rod I believe, so plenty of extra material!

The nature of the work makes every brush Ken makes a one of a kind. There are a number of things that make this brush a one off, but strangely the Faux Horn material is probably the least of it.

Awesome story thank you for sharing. I have the 2013 Pre- Paladin Chief, and the design is awesome. Paladin is my next nice brush I am saving for. Good to hear of their generosity and delight in brushes.

I love all their literary references. One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is my favorite Novel so the Chief has an even deeper meaning. Also, I just have to eventually own a brush called Falstaff. My favorite Shakespearean character, the quintessential Comedic Character.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
A stand up guy for sure. Congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom