What's new

A Gem of a Razor

We received a shipment from Shield razors earlier this week that includes their new titanium Gem razor as well as a restock of the titanium artist club razors in both a matte finish and a polished finish. Shield Razors has taken the wet shaving world by storm with their highly affordable CNC machined titanium razors. While Titanium razors usually command upwards of $300.00, these are offered at a fraction of that price -$160.00 for their matte finished titanium razors and $180.00 for their polished titanium razors. They even include a stand!

Titanium is an excellent material for razors for several reasons including lighter weight, non-reactivity, durability and imperviousness to corrosion. There is a reason that titanium is the preferred material for orthopedic procedures.

Both models of Shield Razors are excellent shavers that I would categorize as mid aggressive. While they are efficient shavers, they do not bite and they provide an extremely smooth and comfortable shave. There is a bit of blade feel but just enough to give you the feedback that you need without causing any irritation.

While I am sometimes described as an Enabler, you will not regret adding one (or both) of these razors to your quiver. It will become a regular member of your rotation and very well may become your favorite razor of all time

Shield-Collection-II.gif

We really need a comparison with the only other readily available modern Gem razor and it's L2 plate. Many people have been asking for an L3 and if this razor at least provides an L2 level of closeness in Ti, I could see how that would be appealing. But I would need closer to the non existent L3 myself. Nice looking razors though!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We received a shipment from Shield razors earlier this week that includes their new titanium Gem razor as well as a restock of the titanium artist club razors in both a matte finish and a polished finish. Shield Razors has taken the wet shaving world by storm with their highly affordable CNC machined titanium razors. While Titanium razors usually command upwards of $300.00, these are offered at a fraction of that price -$160.00 for their matte finished titanium razors and $180.00 for their polished titanium razors. They even include a stand!

Titanium is an excellent material for razors for several reasons including lighter weight, non-reactivity, durability and imperviousness to corrosion. There is a reason that titanium is the preferred material for orthopedic procedures.

Both models of Shield Razors are excellent shavers that I would categorize as mid aggressive. While they are efficient shavers, they do not bite and they provide an extremely smooth and comfortable shave. There is a bit of blade feel but just enough to give you the feedback that you need without causing any irritation.

While I am sometimes described as an Enabler, you will not regret adding one (or both) of these razors to your quiver. It will become a regular member of your rotation and very well may become your favorite razor of all time

View attachment 1558232
Nicely done!

FarmerTan

Beautiful. My intentions with this hobby was to stay vintage, but i have a feeling that is going to be hard!!!
Yes, the temptation is real..... I REALLY like old Gillette razors, nostalgia mostly.

The more I try modern ones the more I have learned to appreciate the werk that goes into CNC, etc....

And welcome to Badger and Blade my (new) friend!

FarmerTan

Thanks Guys. Sorry for my absence...I was having issues with my new website today. I had apparently deleted some code by accident. Thankfully, everything is now fixed.
I am sure that I could only delete code by accident, and I am even more sure that I could not delete code on purpose. Computers are magic to me.

I'm glad you were able to fix it!

I am sure that I could only delete code by accident, and I am even more sure that I could not delete code on purpose. Computers are magic to me.

I'm glad you were able to fix it!
Thank you! I'm not sure how I deleted the code but, I did. I'm still feeling a little like a fish out of water with the new site.

Top Bottom