What's new

A frightening thought - The Captain gets interviewed

055-pd-getting-and-being-guest.png

I was approached by a fellow recently who had decided to launch a new podcast. He owns a fitness center with two locations now and has a passion for small business. The theme of the podcast is entrepreneurship and is focused on local businesses. He was telling me there are podcasts that tell about small businesses that start in the garage and hit it big like Hewlett Packard, Microsoft, Apple, and so on. But he wanted something that was more in reach with reasonable expectations which is what led to Success Trails Pod Cast.

A link is below and you will be able to hear my whole story - the ups and the downs. You will hear about how different Captains Choice is from the small business I started and ran prior to Captain's Choice.

I do have a favor to ask. After you listen to it if you can write a brief review and rate it that will help his podcast and give this new venture of his a higher profile on searches.

Enjoy the listen and come back here and tell us about the interview. What did you want to hear more about? What was boring? What surprised you?

I enjoyed the interview, Scott. It's funny but the pastor of my church recently did a series on second chances!

I really enjoyed your reference to the lather bowls and how you developed them. Also, your tips at the end of the podcast were right on.

Nothing bored me. What surprised me was how you started in the popcorn business. It was a large jump from popcorn to shaving.

I couldn't review the podcast since I listened to it on the website and there did not appear a way to review it.

I haven't found the half hour to listen to it yet(most of my web surfing done at idle times in my office at work and others do not appreciate audio LOL). If someone figures out how to review, be sure to post here.... if you would, please. I am not super "techy" and may not be able to figure it out on my own LOL. It was alluring as it was, then someone posted that teaser above. Being a man who very much enjoys the lather bowls probably makes it even more so intriguing to hear the back story! Perhaps this weekend......

An inspiring story. I found it fascinating to hear some of the background of how you started Captain's Choice.

Great podcast, Scott. So much great content and great examples of what it takes to be a successful small business and owner. Anyone wanting to start a business or a refresher on service would do well by listening to this podcast. Congratulations on your continued success.

Great listen Scott. Quite a change, from a 30 year popcorn business to Captain's Choice. Personal touch indeed! Every interaction with you either on B&B or through your store is pleasant.

Calvin Coolidge once said:
Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan Press On! has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.

Cheers to your continued achievements and I went and left a good review on the series.

Top Bottom