What's new

A friend is going to India - what should I ask him to pick up?

He cracked up when I asked him for Godrej and said "It's like you're surrounded by Ferraris and you want a Kia"

Anything else I should ask him to look for?

I say ask for nothing. Your friend probably has a sufficient number of things that he needs to accomplish and I suspect he would appreciate it if you didn't add to the load.

[emoji3] nah, he said it was nbd
I say ask for nothing. Your friend probably has a sufficient number of things that he needs to accomplish and I suspect he would appreciate it if you didn't add to the load.

Old Spice creams are nice, any other creams in a tube like Palmolive, Gillette, etc... If he is knowledgable about Indian shave products ask him to pick up the ones he knows are the better brands. I know I would love to have some Detoil Menthol, Lime, and regular. There are lots of Indian brands that are almost unheard of here and there are some really good ones.

I just spent a month in Bombay and saw a huge selection of creams in a couple different Big Bazaars. IMHO the new OS creams (with new OS branding) are no where near the quality of the stuff with the 90's branding that was available until sometime late last year. The OS splash with the same 90's branding was available and is great stuff if you like retro OS.

All of the Godrej line is great, as they contain lanolin which is nice in a cream. I also saw plenty of Yardley, Dettol, Palmolive, and Gillette.

Biotique Palmyra has a full line of shaving and skin products. The shaving cream is well known and regarded while their balms are less well know but equally good - and remarkably inexpensive when compared to products made and sold in the USA.

Biotique manages their own retail stores and are sold at smaller shops. Last year I picked up a few items at a retail store in Delhi, and was so impressed that when I happened by a small outlet just outside of the Taj Mahal in Agra, I purchased another set of balms. My wife was also very impressed with their line of products.

Here is the link to their home site:

http://www.biotique.com

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Godrej Rich Lather. It's in the red tube. I personally believe it is the world's best cream.

Alum blocks. They are incredibly cheap. Get some for your friends. They are also a fantastic scentless underarm or wherever deoderant.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Biotique Palmyra has a full line of shaving and skin products. The shaving cream is well known and regarded while their balms are less well know but equally good - and remarkably inexpensive when compared to products made and sold in the USA.

Biotique manages their own retail stores and are sold at smaller shops. Last year I picked up a few items at a retail store in Delhi, and was so impressed that when I happened by a small outlet just outside of the Taj Mahal in Agra, I purchased another set of balms. My wife was also very impressed with their line of products.

Here is the link to their home site:

http://www.biotique.com

What he said. This cream is the best shaving soap/cream I have ever used, bar none. I have tried a loooot of products, too.

Dettol is good too.
As an aftershave? :lol:

oh, no:
$Dettol-Shaving-Cream-Cool-70g-1187265-1-d8fd8.jpg
interesting...

Last edited:
Top Bottom