What's new

A follow up question for you Gillette Tech experts.

I posted this Tech find the other day curious about dating it .It was determined that it was made between 1946 and 1950. I saw one posted on another site just like mine and someone made the comment that those razors without the logo on the head were made in 1947. Can someone confirm this? Thanks Bob
tech3.jpg

No, but I have a few gold ones where the the gold is washing away reveling the logo. And I have one with a date code that's gold with the logo.

More than likely, the logo is under your gold!

I don't have any ide of the exact year though.

No, but I have a few gold ones where the the gold is washing away reveling the logo. And I have one with a date code that's gold with the logo.

More than likely, the logo is under your gold!

I don't have any ide of the exact year though.
Really? I would think it would be the opposite. I would think the logo would be visable when new and if anything would wear off with age.

I do not know of any way to date them to that year. I have seen so many NDC Techs with and without etching.

But you have a nice razor and it will serve you well for many years.

If your cap is showing chrome, I believe they took a chrome cap with the logo and sprayed it with gold covering the logo. The gold one I have was meant to be gold and have the logo showing. When I get home, I'll take some pictures.

If your cap is showing chrome, I believe they took a chrome cap with the logo and sprayed it with gold covering the logo. The gold one I have was meant to be gold and have the logo showing. When I get home, I'll take some pictures.
I do not see any chrome on mine even on the edge of the base plate where you think it would wear first. The only marks on mine are very very light small scratch marks on top of the cap plate. Maybe it was never used.

I'll take a picture of my NDC ones when I get home to show you what I mean.

The one I posted was NOS when I got it. It has that frost around the logo like the chrome ones.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I'll try to get a picture of mine.

proxy.php

And yes, there really are two tiny holes right at the "e" that I had never noticed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom