What's new

A first for me

Actually a second for me, but first successful shave.

I decided to try shaving with a shavette, and much needed baby step to eventually shaving with a straight.

My first go at it was last week with less than desired results that required me to finish up with a DE. It also left me questioning whether or not I should try a second time. Of course I had absolutely no idea what I was doing or how to hold the shavette properly, which resulted in a few cuts.

So last night I watched a few YouTube videos of how to shave with a shavette. None to completion since I quickly realized that everyone seems to have their own way of holding onto the shavette, but I now had a pretty good picture as to what I was doing wrong.

So I'm happy to announce that I got a nice DFS with my cheap shavette loaded with a half Perma-Sharp blade.
I hand only on nick this time around.
It took longer than using a DE, but that can easily be chalked up inexperience and probably not the bet choice for a beginner's shavette.
20190613_093038.jpg

Nice job! It took me several shaves with a straight razor to get a good shave, even after starting with a shavette. It was worth the effort when I started to get excellent straight razor shaves.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuts help you learn. Keep at it. My first straight shaves were with a fromm . My face was pretty beat up. Also try to do every other day if you can. It should help with letting any irritation settle . Good luck

Thank you everyone!
The coolest part of using this shavette, and this also applies to straight users, is that asides having a quality sharp blade, technique is absolute key to getting a successful shave.
I look forward to my next shavette shave.

Try to do every other day if you can. It should help with letting any irritation settle . Good luck
This sounds like a good idea if for anything else I will still get to use my beloved DE razors.

Thank you everyone!
The coolest part of using this shavette, and this also applies to straight users, is that asides having a quality sharp blade, technique is absolute key to getting a successful shave.
I look forward to my next shavette shave.

Enjoy it - you are doing very well :)

Luke

Top Bottom