What's new

A few pre-war items

Found a pre-war Tech at a flea mall yesterday, so I figured I sow a few pre-war items I have. I cleaned it up, but I'm going to send it off and get it re-plated by Chris at RazorPlate. For more pics of the Tech ,and the condition it was in, you can check out the thread I started in the DE section to see why I'm going that route.
From what I can figure out by the SN, the 1903 Pocket was made in 1928.
The barrel has some pitting, but it's still an accurate little pocket pistol.
I paid $50 for it about 15 years ago. was working at a shop with a range back then, and a guy came in looking to get rid of a few guns he couldn't take to MA, and I picked it up off him. Mag is an original Colt 2 tone. Still want another one. Colt teased reproducing this and the 1908 at SHOT a few years ago, but nothing ever came of it.
Pre-War items.JPG

They did reproduce it. Get your wallet out!

Colt doesn't even know it's own history!!!

The 1903 was never officially designated as the "general officer's pistol', even though the Army substituted the 1903 for the 1908 when the (newly redesignated DOD) ran out of the 1908's in the '50's, which while being the same design, was chambered in .380, and they were designated 'general officer's pistol'.

Wish they would just make a big run of mags. I don't want to pay $1600+ to get a serviceable mag.

The way I heard it each officer was given the choice of either the .32 or the .380 chambering. Colt's never cataloged a 1908 model they were all 1903s. The 380ACP chambering was introduced in 1908 and that has become collector's nomenclature.

Lots of good info here:

Here is a photo of my only Colt 1908. Unfortunately, it has been re-blued. I think it was done long ago since the other side shows much finish wear. I believe it was made in 1928.
Model M right.jpg

Here is a photo of my only Colt 1908. Unfortunately, it has been re-blued. I think it was done long ago since the other side shows much finish wear. I believe it was made in 1928.
View attachment 1130466

That's a nice looking job.
I love the wood grips.
But why would someone only re-blue half a pistol?
I had a pair of the wood grips a the screw long time ago. They were a little more worn than those. Don't remember what happened to them.

That's a nice looking job.
I love the wood grips.
But why would someone only re-blue half a pistol?
I had a pair of the wood grips a the screw long time ago. They were a little more worn than those. Don't remember what happened to them.
They re-blued it and used the gun somehow only affecting the one side. I have TT33 like that and I think it is from waistband carry.

They re-blued it and used the gun somehow only affecting the one side. I have TT33 like that and I think it is from waistband carry.

I can see that... Watched Thomas Magnum do the Mexican carry many times.. Talk about a pistol I'd like to get ...

But I'm really craving a pre-70 series Commander in .38 Super... But a 9MM would be nice too.

I can see that... Watched Thomas Magnum do the Mexican carry many times.. Talk about a pistol I'd like to get ...

But I'm really craving a pre-70 series Commander in .38 Super... But a 9MM would be nice too.
Oh man, that has been something I have wanted myself for years!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I tend to enjoy the 1903s and so find I carry one quite often as my primary.

Other period 32acps:

Mauser 1914:
proxy.php

Savage 1907:
proxy.php

Colt 1908 Vest Pocket 25acp:
proxy.php

and a 1906 made 1903 Version 1:
proxy.php

FN 1906 Vest Pocket 25acp: Browning had offered the Vest Pocket to Colt initially but they were not interested so he took the design to FN where it was a roaring success. Then Colt changed their mind and worked a deal.
proxy.php

Walther Model 4:
proxy.php

Beretta 1935:
proxy.php

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
The wheels on the gun go round and round ...

Colt Army and Police Positive:
proxy.php

Colt Improved New Service 45acp:
proxy.php

S&W Brazilian Contract 1917 45acp:
proxy.php

S&W Double Action 4th Model:
proxy.php

H&R Pre-model number, Pre-Defender name:
proxy.php

Hopkins & Allen Safety Police:
proxy.php

Other period 32acps:

Mauser 1914:
proxy.php

Savage 1907:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

FN 1906 Vest Pocket 25acp: Browning had offered the Vest Pocket to Colt initially but they were not interested so he took the design to FN where it was a roaring success. Then Colt changed their mind and worked a deal.
proxy.php

Walther Model 4:
proxy.php

Beretta 1935:
proxy.php

Nice collection of mouse guns!

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat

Other period 32acps:

Mauser 1914:
proxy.php

Savage 1907:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Walther Model 4:
proxy.php

Beretta 1935:
proxy.php
Beautiful guns! The Colt Vest Pocket and the Beretta are very high on my wishlist. My only '03 is also a 1906 but not as pretty as yours. I'm pretty sure I've posted pictures of it before.

Beautiful guns! The Colt Vest Pocket and the Beretta are very high on my wishlist. My only '03 is also a 1906 but not as pretty as yours. I'm pretty sure I've posted pictures of it before.

Just because you posted pics before is no excuse to not post pics now!!

Top Bottom