What's new

A favor to ask of everyone

Nurse, grab a pad, the boy's insane..... --Bob Dylan.

Little impulsive are we? I've so got you beat. Ask anybody.

BTW, welcome to the vacuum. This is the place for which slush funds are created.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
:001_unsur Unless you try each and every razor, you can never be sure you have the best one.

Or you could just acquire one of every Gillette made, that'd be a good way to pay homage to King Gillette.

AA

Wait till you discover soaps or creams, and brushes.

Haa haa. I am already there. Just a couple of weeks ago, I picked up some new shaving creams....

Taylor of Old Bond Street
Rose
Peppermint
Lavender
Lemon Lime

Old Spice
Original
Lime

Proraso
Eucyliptus & Menthol
Sandalwood

I am going to have soon a Taylor of Old Bond Street Sample Pack shave cream
And a couple of Mr. Fine shave soaps

Being on this site some people seem to be interested in Tabac shave and after shave. I might have an interest in it since others here seem to like it. I have to find out more about Tabac.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Haa haa. I am already there. Just a couple of weeks ago, I picked up some new shaving creams....

Taylor of Old Bond Street
Rose
Peppermint
Lavender
Lemon Lime

Old Spice
Original
Lime

Proraso
Eucyliptus & Menthol
Sandalwood

I am going to have soon a Taylor of Old Bond Street Sample Pack shave cream
And a couple of Mr. Fine shave soaps

Being on this site some people seem to be interested in Tabac shave and after shave. I might have an interest in it since others here seem to like it. I have to find out more about Tabac.

Dude, you are so cool!

I got my Tabac soap right here!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Just so you know, my experience teaches me, its really difficult to whip this stuff up into a proper lather within its own container, recommend the use of a lather shave bowl, which is something I need to get.

Next month I will get the shave bowl, but I also want to get another soap. I am thinking about buying the Prorasso soap in the red container for sensitive skin. And Eucalyptus smells good, I got that in essential oil.

I think its a good idea to get a variety of soaps, that way you don't get sick of the scent of one before the month is over lol.

SWCT -

I always wondered myself why my shaving creams and soaps don't lather as well as those I see on you tube videos. After 10 years of DE shaving experience, I finally invested in a "proper" shaving bowl. I've been using a couple of empty shaving cream bowls to whip up my lather. Although I can get close, the bowls are too small to hold up a good chunk of thick lather. I can never get there. Hopefully the shaving bowl will arrive later this week so that I can test it out over the weekend and see what a good lather looks like up close and personal. Im getting mine from west coast shaving. They call it a fine lather bowl. Available in three colours - blue, red, and White. I went with the red.

Damn... This shaving hobby is making me go broke. 4 orders with west coast chaving in 6 days. Will the madness ever stop???

Dude, you are so cool!

I got my Tabac soap right here!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Just so you know, my experience teaches me, its really difficult to whip this stuff up into a proper lather within its own container, recommend the use of a lather shave bowl, which is something I need to get.

Next month I will get the shave bowl, but I also want to get another soap. I am thinking about buying the Prorasso soap in the red container for sensitive skin. And Eucalyptus smells good, I got that in essential oil.

I think its a good idea to get a variety of soaps, that way you don't get sick of the scent of one before the month is over lol.
That's a nice humble set you got there SWCT. IS that a feather AS-D1 Razor you got there? Isit a mild razor?

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

That's a nice humble set you got there SWCT. IS that a feather AS-D1 Razor you got there? Isit a mild razor?

Thank you very much! :)

Its actually the newer model, the Feather AS-D2 razor, and yes its a mild razor. However, me being new to DE shaving, I find myself making mistakes all the time with it. Still though, I am getting a good shave, if one classifies the reduction in whiskers a good shave.

Well, I try to strive for the BBS is the thing, my face doesn't appreciate it very much. I got the course dense populated whisker type. But, I get at least a DFS if I can't successfully achieve BBS everywhere lol. Its a nice razor anyways, should last my life.

I'm upgrading my brush though, that brush is just pure badger, its not a very good brush, I don't recommend it. I ordered a new brush but it won't be here for quite awhile due to how things are going in China right now regarding Covid. But I ordered a Maseto Avatar 30mm knott, 59mm loft, silver tipped badger. Its a higher end brush which should suit me well.

Appreciate the positive comments!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thank you very much! :)

Its actually the newer model, the Feather AS-D2 razor, and yes its a mild razor. However, me being new to DE shaving, I find myself making mistakes all the time with it. Still though, I am getting a good shave, if one classifies the reduction in whiskers a good shave.

Well, I try to strive for the BBS is the thing, my face doesn't appreciate it very much. I got the course dense populated whisker type. But, I get at least a DFS if I can't successfully achieve BBS everywhere lol. Its a nice razor anyways, should last my life.

I'm upgrading my brush though, that brush is just pure badger, its not a very good brush, I don't recommend it. I ordered a new brush but it won't be here for quite awhile due to how things are going in China right now regarding Covid. But I ordered a Maseto Avatar 30mm knott, 59mm loft, silver tipped badger. Its a higher end brush which should suit me well.

Appreciate the positive comments!
So where did you end up ordering your Maseto from?

Since joining the site of B&B about two weeks ago, I've purchased 3 additional DE razors and my first two straight edges.

I've also learned of new razor manufacturers which were not around or have not heard of when I purchased my first DE razor - the Merkur Futur - 10 years ago.

Now I must ask everyone of this....
PLEASE stop putting up your razors up for sale. Or else I MIGHT buy them. Please please please stop selling. Or else I may have the impulse to buy them from you. This may mean my Merkur Futur will go from a bachelor shaver to having a family of razors.

I fear my Futur - or my wallet - may not handle it well.

So please.... Everyone - stop selling your razors or I might find myself buying it from you.

And please please please don't sell the Wolfman polished or the Timeless polished SS razors with Barber pole or classic style blade handles as I may find myself buying it from you.

Do it for my wallet... Do it for my Futur....
My Futur is a very jealous razor that does not like to share my cheeks with any other razor.

PLEASE everyone... Together we can stop the madness !!!

I'm counting on you.

Thank you all for your co operation.
I think it's time for April GRUME for you.
You might consult Dr. @FoolishMortal about your condition 👍🏽

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I bought all my current shaving gear before I found B&B. That hasn't stopped me from enjoying the forums. You guys are a blast and at the same time, a wealth of information.

As I've mentioned many times, the only temptation for me is the beautiful photos of some amazing straight razors. I won't be going down that rabbit hole because using a straight razor isn't in my future. I'd do a Van Gogh for sure.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

So where did you end up ordering your Maseto from?

You can find Maseto brushes sold on Ebay of all sorts of types.

Seller is away for a couple weeks due to Covid lockdown. But once the lockdown ends, he will be back on track.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
As I've mentioned many times, the only temptation for me is the beautiful photos of some amazing straight razors. I won't be going down that rabbit hole because using a straight razor isn't in my future. I'd do a Van Gogh for sure.
Be afraid, be very afraid!

Me? I'm afraid of "safety" razors.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
You can find Maseto brushes sold on Ebay of all sorts of types.

Seller is away for a couple weeks due to Covid lockdown. But once the lockdown ends, he will be back on track.
OK... that was the only place I could find them... with the same note: he'll be back on April 8th, I think

Top Bottom