What's new

A&E soaps

The base is not overhyped. Kaizen 2 performs well but one is paying for water. These bases are not cured much and the water combined with amateur scenting profiles ended the journey for me. A mishmash of fragrance oils and too much of them. A couple of them gave slight headaches.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Stirling mutton tallow base is excellent though I have not tried Sheep. By that I assume you mean Electric Sheep or Pine Sheep. I have Glastonbury and Port-Au-Prince in mutton tallow and love them. It is hard to go wrong with Stirling.

I have heard good things about PdP #63 and Cade but have never tried them either. One of these days I shall.
I strongly recommend ‘Varen’ in the mutton base.

So smells like milkweed, so that's has kinda a vanilla and sweet honey.. I bet it does smell nice!

Summer Fig is actually one of my favorites. As described, a very "green" Spring fragrance, not floral but on the oakmoss/fougere end of the spectrum, with just a hint of some spice. Milkweed is a good description, but really more of a freshly cut meadow to me - not "grassy" but a mixture of all kinds of green, growing things. It has some staying power, like all of A&E's fragrances, but not the strongest to my nose. Performance is outstanding and it's a staple in my Summer lineup.

A&E shave soap is over hyped IMO. I have three of them. I rate them as just OK.

I'd have to agree here. They are full on blast in regards to their scents, if you like that I suppose thats a positive. I have made the experience that their scents change once lathered and especially over time, and not for the better.

Performance wise I don't think you get anything dramatically different to any of the other known artisans. A&E has a lot of wettubers who drum up hype for their products though - but they are not alone in that.

I just had a look at my A&E soaps as well as their homepage - does anyone know if they use Essential oils or Fragrance Oils? Can't find info on that.

Top Bottom