What's new

A&E soaps

Hey all,

I am wanting to try an A&E soap. I read that most are strong in scent strength, but the slickness and performance is top tier. I wish my skin wasn't so sensitive, but I also read that not 'all' of the A&E are not too stout/strong. I have my eye on two, summer fig, and ariana & evans vetiver magnifique. So what's the scent strength on these particular two? Just going on the scent profile of the notes of the vetiver magnific, it sounds like it's up my alley as far as being kinda earthy, woodsy etc. I have no clue what vetiver smells like?? Could someone give me a clue?

Thanks,

---Mike

A&E shave soap is over hyped IMO. I have three of them. I rate them as just OK.
Yeah - I hear lots...
I am a minimalist, only have 3 soaps on hand, and I am getting low, so I thought I would treat myself, and I was hearing all the good things about this particular brand. I definitely love Stirling, and I am going to buy hipster, was going to get two soaps so I can get free shipping so I was going to give A&E a shot.

A&E produces some of the finest soap available on the modern market in my opinion. Kaizen was the first base that really and truly WOW'ed me when I was going through some 50 different samples. I have Summer Fig...it's very green. Kinda smells like milkweed but sweeter? Kind of an odd scent that isn't for everyone. My favorite, so far, from A&E is "Asian Plumb". Smells delicious

YMMV etc

A&E produces some of the finest soap available on the modern market in my opinion. Kaizen was the first base that really and truly WOW'ed me when I was going through some 50 different samples. I have Summer Fig...it's very green. Kinda smells like milkweed but sweeter? Kind of an odd scent that isn't for everyone. My favorite, so far, from A&E is "Asian Plumb". Smells delicious

YMMV etc
So smells like milkweed, so that's has kinda a vanilla and sweet honey.. I bet it does smell nice!

Hey all,

I am wanting to try an A&E soap. I read that most are strong in scent strength, but the slickness and performance is top tier. I wish my skin wasn't so sensitive, but I also read that not 'all' of the A&E are not too stout/strong. I have my eye on two, summer fig, and ariana & evans vetiver magnifique. So what's the scent strength on these particular two? Just going on the scent profile of the notes of the vetiver magnific, it sounds like it's up my alley as far as being kinda earthy, woodsy etc. I have no clue what vetiver smells like?? Could someone give me a clue?

Thanks,

---Mike
This is a tough one to answer. A&E soaps are, by and large, strongly scented. Also, I have tried neither Summer Fig nor Vetiver Magnifique and cannot opine on those. Vetiver is oil from the root of a grass and has a pungent quality. It can be wonderful, particularly when blended with other scents.

Arianna & Evans is part of a two piece operation. The other part is The Club, which offers products to members for a membership fee of $12.95 for six months. For that you get a discount on products and access to member only products. Right now, there are several Club soaps in the so-called Kaizen 2 base which is a step-up, in my opinion, from Kaizen. These are available only at The Club at present.

Kaizen 2 will soon migrate out to A&E. If you don't want to join The Club, I suggest you wait a month or so until the Kaizen 2 base arrives at A&E and decide then. I really like Chasing the Dragon in K2 for a very subtle but rich scent, not on the strong side to my nose.

IMHO, A&E/The Club soaps are absolutely top tier on every metric. Provided you like the scent and it does not irritate your skin, I predict you will be very happy.

PdP #63, Cade, & Stirling Sheep.
Stirling mutton tallow base is excellent though I have not tried Sheep. By that I assume you mean Electric Sheep or Pine Sheep. I have Glastonbury and Port-Au-Prince in mutton tallow and love them. It is hard to go wrong with Stirling.

I have heard good things about PdP #63 and Cade but have never tried them either. One of these days I shall.

Last edited:
I have one A&E soap- Spartacus. I dont think it's strong at all. Medium/high scent strength for sure. I like it and it doesn't bother my skin which is pretty sensitive. I would pick up whatever you like and give it a shot. What's the worst that can happen. It'll bother your skin and you'll be out 20 bucks.

Also I doubt there's any earthy woodsy A&E scents. They seem to be scented moreso on the contemporary side.

I have Summer Fig and Kaizen. Summer Fig has a very strong scent. Kaizen must not have a strong scent because I don’t remember it. They are very slick soaps. I am a Mitchell’s Wool Fat shaver and have been looking for something slicker. A&E Kaizen base is as slick as The Fat. But, price wise it’s not competitive with The Fat. I think I gave $20 for a tub of A&E and I usually buy a lot of Mitchell’s if I find it under the usual $14. I have about 18 months on hand.

Stirling mutton tallow base is excellent though I have not tried Sheep. By that I assume you mean Electric Sheep or Pine Sheep.
Or just plain old "Sheep", Stirling's unscented, mutton-tallow based soap:
Sheep.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
A&E being overhyped is a harsh call. Who over hypes them. My experience is that they sit alongside other brands like PAA and Noble Otter etc. I use A&E today and as a brand they are part of my regular rotation.

D81E7433-4158-4242-ADB9-1DDF61267ACF.jpeg

todays offering.

Top Bottom