What's new

A&E La Cosa Nostra

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I used this before going to work today and I heard the guys that I work with say whatever he has on smells good a few times. I really like the scent of this soap. I get some vanilla, chocolate, coffee, and floral notes. I may be off, but that's what it smells like to me. It has what I think is a very refined scent to it. I purchased my sample from shavedash. com.

Thanks for the review!

Havent tried this particular scent but many people seem to love it. The A&E soap base is top notch and with scents to match make it no surprise.

P.S. Shavedash is a great place to get samples of soaps that usually do not offer samples (A&E being 1 of them, along with MT and MDC). I wish ALL artisans offered samples as full tubs NEVER get finished lol.

Ya I agree. But it’s so strong! I love it too but I normally shave before bed and my wife doesn’t feel the same about it lol.

...P.S. Shavedash is a great place to get samples of soaps that usually do not offer samples (A&E being 1 of them, along with MT and MDC). I wish ALL artisans offered samples as full tubs NEVER get finished lol.

The owner of A&E in his own words on samples:

The owner of A&E in his own words on samples:

Hahaha i remember when he first posted this video. I think what it really boils down to is if no samples are available people would have to spend the $20+ on a full tub blind buy otherwise many people would just buy a sample or 2 of each scent which would not bring in as much $$$ as selling full tubs.

About 95% of artisans offer samples and it seems the best way to try a varitey of scents to find what you like best. Most of us will NEVER see the bottom of a 4oz tub of soap due to large number of soaps. so i do not agree with his excuses for not offering samples but A&E has one hell of a top notch soap base and scents and he is free to run his business as he sees fit and it appears to be working out well.

Hahaha i remember when he first posted this video. I think what it really boils down to is if no samples are available people would have to spend the $20+ on a full tub blind buy otherwise many people would just buy a sample or 2 of each scent which would not bring in as much $$$ as selling full tubs.

About 95% of artisans offer samples and it seems the best way to try a varitey of scents to find what you like best. Most of us will NEVER see the bottom of a 4oz tub of soap due to large number of soaps. so i do not agree with his excuses for not offering samples but A&E has one hell of a top notch soap base and scents and he is free to run his business as he sees fit and it appears to be working out well.

I agree 100% with what you said. However, in his defense I think cos. like Maggard make their own samples from full tubs of makers soaps and laugh all the way to the bank as it's far more profitable for them. There are a Helluva lot of $3.00 samples in one tub!! ;)

I agree 100% with what you said. However, in his defense I think cos. like Maggard make their own samples from full tubs of makers soaps and laugh all the way to the bank as it's far more profitable for them. There are a Helluva lot of $3.00 samples in one tub!! ;)

Thats true, a 3rd party could get the ball rolling and rake in some dough by dishing out samples. I know many of the artisans send bulk containers of soap to places like Maggards to make samples, this saves everyone $ by not wasting the tubs, labels, etc. And makes it easier on whoever is scooping the samples.

LCN is one of my fav's. I definitely get a kick of bourbon or something out of it as well.
Great scent, great performer.

Top Bottom