What's new

A&E Kaizen

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Ok here we go, first we’ll do scent. I almost didn’t order this just because I was initially scared it could be to sweet (but I knew I had to get anyway because of new base) luckily Peter announced he was making it les sweet near the end and while I didn’t smell it originally I can say this is AMAZING!!! You def get the citrus blast in the beginning (perfect spring/summer scent) but then you get that slightly sweet honeysuckle/apple which is great with the forward citrus. But for me what really seals it is the earthiness of the vetiver that holds it all together, at least that’s my take on it [emoji2375] but I will end it with if anyone is on the fence take the leap and you won’t be disappointed.

And that was just the scent??? Wow ok lol here’s to the performance. I wish I had a video to show how easy this lathered but I wanted to concentrate on my first shave with this soap. So just for reference these pictures were taken after I was done shaving and after 3 passes, so you can see how much lather I had left and how well it held up just sitting (I never re worked it) I could not believe how much water I fed this lol I loaded my brush 15 second clockwise first then counter for another 15 (I’ll prob try 10 and 10 next time) anyway at one point I was frustrated with the amount of water I was having to add again my fault for the amount I loaded but I got impatient and dumped water in bowl and then thought sh*t to much water but no it just exploded into the creamiest slickest mass of lather I’ve had to deal with in a long time haha and it was a pleasure to shave with. Blade floated on skin zero irritation and I probably should’ve been done in 2 passes but I was just having fun at end feeling blade glide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a nice review .... Thank You !
I am just about to start my third tub of Ariana & Evans soap ---- Asian Pear !
I have already enjoyed full tubs of Asian Plum and L'Orange Verte, and A & E
soaps are among my three favorite "artisan" brands (the other two are Stirling
and Barrister & Mann.) Keep enjoying your Kaizen ! Stay safe and healthy !

Such a nice review .... Thank You !
I am just about to start my third tub of Ariana & Evans soap ---- Asian Pear !
I have already enjoyed full tubs of Asian Plum and L'Orange Verte, and A & E
soaps are among my three favorite "artisan" brands (the other two are Stirling
and Barrister & Mann.) Keep enjoying your Kaizen ! Stay safe and healthy !

Thank you A&E is also in my top 3, Others right now

PAA in the Ck-6 formula
Mystic Water

I’ve still yet to try B&M

Thank you A&E is also in my top 3, Others right now

PAA in the Ck-6 formula
Mystic Water

I’ve still yet to try B&M

You're welcome !
And Slash, you are truly a guitar virtuoso.
Although I prefer Jerry Garcia on the six string, I am impressed by your style -- LOL !

I got my order this afternoon. I am a fan of the product line overall. I have not found another artisan base I liked more than A&Es. I decided to pull the trigger on the new stuff for the hell of it. I trust the quality of the fragrances they put out, so that wasn’t a concern for me. I didn’t have a strong expectation either way really.

I was, however, skeptical about how much the previous base could really be improved upon, because in my view, other higher rates bases were equal to or lesser, despite hype. Having noted the number of reviews where it has been stated guys loaded too much soap, I set out to do a light load and see if I could squeeze water from a stone, or lather from a stone if you prefer.

I used my smallest synthetic brush, damp, and lightly swirled on the puck 10 times in both directions and put the tub away. I was then blown away by getting three passes worth of absolutely amazing lather. To cut to the chase I am nothing short of floored by this stuff.

Knowing all soap scents new and old are going to be carried forward to this base, I’m quite looking forward to the upgrade. I think the with a little attention, most of can actually realize a lower cost per shave with this stuff while getting some outstanding artisan soap in the process.

I put my order in on Thursday... So sad that this has not shipped yet.. Not used to practicing patience when it comes to shave stuff. I know the wait will be worth it though, Khalifa and Grecian Horse in Kaizen base, oh my.. I hope they do bring the classics into this base @Adam18 !! Oh, added bonus $16 for this soap, kudos to Charky for keeping it real.

ProductSKUPriceQuantityTotal
Kaizen Shaving Soap for VIP Members
$15.991$15.99
Kaizen Aftershave Splash for VIP Members
$15.991$15.99

Rustyshackelford - Thanks for the great review! Mine arrived yesterday, so I am looking forward to using it today. The previous base was one of my favorites, so I'm really looking forward to taking Kaizen out for a spin. Currently using Barbiere Sofisticato and The Novelist in my regular rotation and could not be happier with the performance of both (By the way, thanks for the recommendation on The Novelist.. great scent!.)

I put my order in on Thursday... So sad that this has not shipped yet.. Not used to practicing patience when it comes to shave stuff. I know the wait will be worth it though, Khalifa and Grecian Horse in Kaizen base, oh my.. I hope they do bring the classics into this base @Adam18 !! Oh, added bonus $16 for this soap, kudos to Charky for keeping it real.

ProductSKUPriceQuantityTotal
Kaizen Shaving Soap for VIP Members
$15.991$15.99
Kaizen Aftershave Splash for VIP Members
$15.991$15.99
It took my order a week to actually be processed and prepared for shipping, but usps delivered to Ohio pretty quick. Less than 6 business days overall. With the volume A&E is getting for this soap, you can’t be upset. It’s well worth the wait.

It took my order a week to actually be processed and prepared for shipping, but usps delivered to Ohio pretty quick. Less than 6 business days overall. With the volume A&E is getting for this soap, you can’t be upset. It’s well worth the wait.
Hey Rusty, thanks for the words of encouragement..I'm not upset, just sad :c7: . It was fully disclosed on their website that deliveries would be delayed so is expected. I'll get over it on the first lather. It's not like I don't have 30 other soaps to choose from. :em3400: Peter actually put out a video yesterday stating they had never seen this demand from a newly released soap to date and they received 50-75 new VIP memberships to boot.

Rustyshackelford - Thanks for the great review! Mine arrived yesterday, so I am looking forward to using it today. The previous base was one of my favorites, so I'm really looking forward to taking Kaizen out for a spin. Currently using Barbiere Sofisticato and The Novelist in my regular rotation and could not be happier with the performance of both (By the way, thanks for the recommendation on The Novelist.. great scent!.)
Thanks Upland! I actually just received my Barbiere Sofisticato you and I spoke about. I ordered it with my Kaizen. Have yet to give it a spin. The wife also approves of this as well.

Hopefully you like the Kaizen as well. I was really pleased with the original base and considered ordering up some of my faves to set back before they got converted to the new base. I’m glad I didn’t. I’ll love to have my favorites like the novelist and Khalifa in Kaizen.

Top Bottom