What's new

A&E Barbiere Sophisticato and London

Hello fellow shavers!
I have gotten the shaving soaps mentioned above as a gift so after using them a little I wanted to post a review, because why not..

Let me begin by saying I am relatively new to wet shaving (about a year or so, although I have used a few brands of nice soaps so far), my razors are cheap vintage safety razors. Both my spouse and I tried the soaps even though she doesn't shave her face, just the body, she used them also and gave input.

First - the scents!
I am a BIG BIG FAN of both scents! and so is my spouse! she shaves her legs with them since I told her about how nice they are!
London smells just like a good cup of tea and with a cheeky hint of currents. I just love the scent and I would get the splash as well! Great stuff in that department!
Barbiere Sophisticato truly is a barbershop scent. To me it smells like being spoiled in a powdery barbershop!
Both scents are not too strong, yet strong enough to be noticed on the skin for a while without the splash which shows good strength in my opinion.
Scent 9/10, only because they dont match all my frageances, I'd like to try Vanille de Tabac as well to match the rest!

Lather
London came in Kaizen 2 base, and Barbiere Sophisticato came in Kaizen 1 base.
Both soaps lather up SO EASILY, I mean just in a heartbeat! In a bowl, on the hand, on the face (or legs), it's just magic! Simply take a decent brush and go to town!
The lather has tight little bubbles, and I work it to stiff shiny peaks, she likes is a little more on the runny side so it needs quite a bit of water.
Both bases are thirsty! use ample water (guage upwards but take into account you would need some water for the lather).
For ease of lather and the appearence it's a 10/10!

Shaving Performence
Man, I love wet shaving and the feeling of the razor on my face, but with this kind of soaps I just feel like I am bulletproof! Such great cushioning! K1 is great and K2 is absolutely a cloud protecting the skin! It really felt so good on my skin and the spouse loved it as well! We both tend to nick and cut ourselves with very sensitive skin (especially me!) and I just didn't seem to be able to cut or nick myself even though I shaved in a rush as well.
For Barbiere Sophisticato I'd give K1 9/10, it could improve slightly.
For London I'd give a 10/10 for improving upon K1!

Post shave
The post shave is amazing! I just love the smooth soft feeling the skin-food in these soaps give! I personally favor K2 while the spouse actually slightly preferred K1 so take my review with a grain of salt on this one, but none of them is bad, both have very good feeling on the face post shave!
I'd give 8/10 to K1 and 9/10 to K2, it's very good but I feel like there's slight room for improvement,
My sopouse gave K1 9/10 and K2 8/10 on the same premise.

Packaging
I love the design of the packages and the tubs are very comfortable to load from even with big guage brushes! But I can't score my personal preferance of packaging because I think it's only a cute bonus.

So in conclusion, Barbiere Sophisticato gets 36/40, and London gets 37/40.

Blessed shaves everybody!

It sounds like you better get her a scent of her own, in K1 of course!

She got Castle Forbes all to herself not too long ago, I loved the lime scent but I prefer the performance by kaizen or stirling.
She'll get a tub on my next order though, apparently she's hooked on kaizen!

Terrific review UglyDuckling !
I've had great experiences with A&E Asian Plum, L'Orange Verte, and Asian Pear ----- all are magnificent soaps.

Terrific review UglyDuckling !
I've had great experiences with A&E Asian Plum, L'Orange Verte, and Asian Pear ----- all are magnificent soaps.
Thank you!
I've had samples of other scents but I'll review only something I have used over 7-8 times and put it through its paces.
All great scents and I enjoyed all bases (but k2e has caught my eye for the next one) maybe soon I'll review another one!

Hello fellow shavers!
I have gotten the shaving soaps mentioned above as a gift so after using them a little I wanted to post a review, because why not..

Let me begin by saying I am relatively new to wet shaving (about a year or so, although I have used a few brands of nice soaps so far), my razors are cheap vintage safety razors. Both my spouse and I tried the soaps even though she doesn't shave her face, just the body, she used them also and gave input.

First - the scents!
I am a BIG BIG FAN of both scents! and so is my spouse! she shaves her legs with them since I told her about how nice they are!
London smells just like a good cup of tea and with a cheeky hint of currents. I just love the scent and I would get the splash as well! Great stuff in that department!
Barbiere Sophisticato truly is a barbershop scent. To me it smells like being spoiled in a powdery barbershop!
Both scents are not too strong, yet strong enough to be noticed on the skin for a while without the splash which shows good strength in my opinion.
Scent 9/10, only because they dont match all my frageances, I'd like to try Vanille de Tabac as well to match the rest!

Lather
London came in Kaizen 2 base, and Barbiere Sophisticato came in Kaizen 1 base.
Both soaps lather up SO EASILY, I mean just in a heartbeat! In a bowl, on the hand, on the face (or legs), it's just magic! Simply take a decent brush and go to town!
The lather has tight little bubbles, and I work it to stiff shiny peaks, she likes is a little more on the runny side so it needs quite a bit of water.
Both bases are thirsty! use ample water (guage upwards but take into account you would need some water for the lather).
For ease of lather and the appearence it's a 10/10!

Shaving Performence
Man, I love wet shaving and the feeling of the razor on my face, but with this kind of soaps I just feel like I am bulletproof! Such great cushioning! K1 is great and K2 is absolutely a cloud protecting the skin! It really felt so good on my skin and the spouse loved it as well! We both tend to nick and cut ourselves with very sensitive skin (especially me!) and I just didn't seem to be able to cut or nick myself even though I shaved in a rush as well.
For Barbiere Sophisticato I'd give K1 9/10, it could improve slightly.
For London I'd give a 10/10 for improving upon K1!

Post shave
The post shave is amazing! I just love the smooth soft feeling the skin-food in these soaps give! I personally favor K2 while the spouse actually slightly preferred K1 so take my review with a grain of salt on this one, but none of them is bad, both have very good feeling on the face post shave!
I'd give 8/10 to K1 and 9/10 to K2, it's very good but I feel like there's slight room for improvement,
My sopouse gave K1 9/10 and K2 8/10 on the same premise.

Packaging
I love the design of the packages and the tubs are very comfortable to load from even with big guage brushes! But I can't score my personal preferance of packaging because I think it's only a cute bonus.

So in conclusion, Barbiere Sophisticato gets 36/40, and London gets 37/40.

Blessed shaves everybody!
Out of curiosity what gets a 10/10 from you for post shave?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity what gets a 10/10 from you for post shave?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My skin felt very soft and supple, and even though I have very sensitive skin I didn't feel any irritation or dryness even when I didn't use anything post shave.
After 3 pass baby behind smooth shaves I felt great and minimal neck stings when I apply my EDP. I felt my skin was conditioned straight after washing my face (although I do use my aftershave balms usually).

For me it's the best I've seen so far regarding post shave performance.

I'd be more than willing to try many other products and gladly review out of my own experience and if you have any suggestions for next time I'm open for improvement!

After all, I'm a relatively new shaver and only have my own experience to rely on and I'm by no means a pro in the field.

Blessed shaves!

Top Bottom