What's new

A&E Asian Plum

Yogurt! Here's the first pass from A&E for me.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Nice!

I bought a tub of Asian Plum last year. Its a great soap and doesnt have as much of a plum scent as you might think. To me, its just got a nice musky, woodsy scent.

I got mine today.

Interesting soap. Performance is great, scent is a bit strong for me but not unpleasant.

I found post-shave to be really good with this soap and price isn't bad.

The Asian Plum has quickly become one of my favorite soaps. The combination of amazing creamy
lather, perfect balance of cushion & glide, a lovely post-shave feel, and the incredible scent ----- Wow !
I am so happy with this soap that I just ordered the L'Orange Verte, and am expecting it to be
just as wonderful as the Asian Plum.

These two soaps, in rotation with Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic and Proraso Green should make
for a really great Spring - Summer shaving season.

:a14::a14::a14::a14::a14:

Last edited:
My experience with the plum is that it does not perform well. The soap is hard as rock and lathers comes out thin and wet. I have tried several times but this soap is so overrated.

When I first tried A&E soaps, I considered it ot be the best soap in my den. However, other artisans surpassed it. The yogurt base was a slight improvement on the original. Both formulas are elite level bases worthy of inclusion in any shave den.

When I first tried A&E soaps, I considered it ot be the best soap in my den. However, other artisans surpassed it. The yogurt base was a slight improvement on the original. Both formulas are elite level bases worthy of inclusion in any shave den.
I think this is pretty close to where I'm at with this soap.

My experience with the plum is that it does not perform well. The soap is hard as rock and lathers comes out thin and wet. I have tried several times but this soap is so overrated.

Hi Sausage ..... I suggest you try it again. It's truly a wonderful soap, that, when done properly, produces a
rich, thick, smooth, luxurious lather with badger, boar, and synthetic brushes. If you find it "hard as a rock,"
let it sit with a little hot water on top before you load your brush. You may be pleasantly surprised.

And don't forget ..... this is a terrific hobby, and not a competition. There are so many fantastic soaps out there,
that if you're not happy with one, then toss it and try something else. Have fun, and Happy Shaving !

And don't forget ..... this is a terrific hobby, and not a competition. There are so many fantastic soaps out there,
that if you're not happy with one, then toss it and try something else. Have fun, and Happy Shaving !

Thank you for nice text. Yes I 100% agree and I actually tossed it already. The scent was not for me either. Not all good products work for everyone I guess :). Now back to my favourite Wickhams and Proraso soaps :)

Thank you for nice text. Yes I 100% agree and I actually tossed it already. The scent was not for me either. Not all good products work for everyone I guess :). Now back to my favourite Wickhams and Proraso soaps :)

Smart move. Life is too short to keep using products we don't like. I had similar experiences
with several other soaps that are praised here on our B & B forums which didn't work out well
for me. Haslinger and Cella ---- simply not good for me and my face, and both "have been tossed."
Enjoy your Wickham's and Proraso. :thumbup::thumbup:

Too bad you tossed it. I am sure someone would have loved to receive that soap as a PIF. I love Wholly Kaw soaps, but just could not get along with the Spice Vitae scent, so I donated it to the PIF table at the Maggards meet. It did not sit there long before someone snapped it up.

Smart move. Life is too short to keep using products we don't like. I had similar experiences
with several other soaps that are praised here on our B & B forums which didn't work out well
for me. Haslinger and Cella ---- simply not good for me and my face, and both "have been tossed."
Enjoy your Wickham's and Proraso. :thumbup::thumbup:

I got started on Vanille and Tabac a couple months ago and love the stuff. I have a sample of Asian Plum and it’s also just great. Ive been seeing posts about a new one called Asian Pear being released soon and was wondering if you’re going to give this a try?

I got started on Vanille and Tabac a couple months ago and love the stuff. I have a sample of Asian Plum and it’s also just great. Ive been seeing posts about a new one called Asian Pear being released soon and was wondering if you’re going to give this a try?

Hi Snowman ..... I won't be trying new soaps anytime soon. I'm currently rotating through Proraso Green,
Barrister & Mann Seville, Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte, Stirling Bay Rum, Stirling MITA, TOBS Lavender,
Pacific Natural, K Shave Worx Aficionado, and K Shave Worx Hump Day. So I'm pretty well stocked up for
now and plan on enjoying a "shave soap sabbatical" until next summer. :thumbup::thumbup:

Top Bottom