What's new

A DIY Homemade Sink Bridge.

timwcic

"Look what I found"
I made this last spring out of a drop piece on composite decking. Cypress, redwood, teak or cedar would have been excellent choices but a drop piece of deck was right in my face. The one end had a hole cut just larger than the faucet to lock into place. Overall length is cut so when I am honing I lean into it and my oversized belly holds tightly in place. The top is routered down about 1 mm so stones have a lip to hold in place and water to drains out during water only finishing. The bridge has a nice footprint and is very stable on the counter and with the stones. A nice DIY project other than two hours of my life it has zero cost.
More money to buy stones.
Pictured with a 10 inch Coti.

IMG_0813.JPG
IMG_0814.JPG

IMG_0815.JPG

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Very nice work, Tim. I saw that in another thread and was impressed. I bought a really expensive sing bridge from CKTG and used it 3-4 times and didn't care for it at all so I made one similar to yours.

That big coti makes me drool

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Looks great. I don't use that much water. I just use a spray bottle but many do hone over the sink.
I don't use much water for razors, but I do for knives. I also use my wood sink bridge to do my lapping to water is a must there.

Top Bottom