What's new

A DE for my wife.

She is loathe to open the NOS Lady Gillette. She says it’s just ”wrong” LOL

She likes the RR BBS and believe it or not the Wilkinson Sword Classic plastic razor.

She, like me, thinks $5ea for a cartridge is ridiculous and hates supporting any business contrary to our values.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I have a ridiculous collection of safety razors and razor blades. I put those I don't use in acrylic test tube holders and she can take and use what she wants.

So, guess what the real ladies choice is? Two, actually:

1.) Merkur 23c - it's smooth and safe and has a long handle. She loves long handles.
2.) "Nobelisk Premium" - a butterfly opening chinese design razor with a closed bar. Unlike me she does love this system.

I gave her my current favorite, the Rocca, and she loves how it shaves but it's supposedly "too heavy". :badger:

A mild open comb razor like the Merkur 15 should be easy to use and is very versatile for cutting different types of hair.

I have an Old Type that came with an irreparable cracked handle,so I nickeled a length of brass tubing and made a new handle a little longer - it's perfect!
Old Type New Handle R.jpg
Trouble with the modern handles, especially the longer ones is that they're too heavy and clunky for precision shaving when using a vintage head.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Just bought a RR Mamba, the .53 one, for her. The Parker adjustable she had was too aggressive. Needed something mild.

My girlfriend has essentially stolen my Vector from me. She loves the thin head and the width, makes shaving legs really easy. The Artist Club blades last a long time on thin leg hair as well.

My wife's favorite is the leaf 🍃 razor. She adores it!!

She also likes the Rockwell 6S on plate 3.

Top Bottom