A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

Public ranges...closed
Private range...closed
Golf course...closed
Gonna be for quite a while too
Bet I don't get any break on the monthly dues either. ☹️

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I can't believe your ranges aren't closed!
I'm jealous. Mine is tentatively closed till May1.
Critical infrastructure man! :lol: Seriously though, Private range and according to the sign in log they are seeing maybe 3 people a day? I've seen exactly two other shooters in the pistol bays since I joined last November. Might have 3 people on the rifle range at a time barring the week before modern gun opens. Jesus! Those people scare me!! Anyways, I went today and it was good! The STI went boom and didn't go BOOOM! Remember I took it a part yesterday so... :lol1: And I took the Bob Marvel out for a drive too. God, I love that gun!!!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My range had just become accessible from receding flood waters when the Governor's "Stay at home " order went into effect , so the range is closed until April 13th at least. Can't win for losing!

I could go to the department range, I'm sure I'd be the only one there, but I have had a persistent dry cough and very tight chest making it difficult to get a deep breath for like 14 days now. No fever though, so allergies? Mild symptoms? Who knows. Doctor won't give me a referral for testing unless I have a fever.

So I'll just keep on keeping on until?

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I could go to the department range, I'm sure I'd be the only one there, but I have had a persistent dry cough and very tight chest making it difficult to get a deep breath for like 14 days now. No fever though, so allergies? Mild symptoms? Who knows. Doctor won't give me a referral for testing unless I have a fever.

Well, pollenmaggedom is definitely upon us in our part of the world. Be well my brother!

P.S. For those not from our A.O. everything that grows is getting its freak on and the world is covered in a fine coat of green-ish yellow pollen. It makes my sinuses hurt just thinking about it. I’ll be on Psuedoepidrene for the next six weeks with a steroid shot thrown in for good measure before it’s over.

OkieStubble

Well, pollenmaggedom is definitely upon us in our part of the world. Be well my brother!

P.S. For those not from our A.O. everything that grows is getting its freak on and the world is covered in a fine coat of green-ish yellow pollen. It makes my sinuses hurt just thinking about it. I’ll be on Psuedoepidrene for the next six weeks with a steroid shot thrown in for good measure before it’s over.

Lol'd at getting it's freak on. I'm pretty in tune with what my body communicates to me. I would think this just spring allergies if not for the persistent dry cough and the heavy feeling in my lower lungs which feels like not getting a deep breath. But I'm doing well all things considered.

OkieStubble

Thanks Chris, Lol'd at getting it's freak on. I'm pretty in tune with what my body communicates to me. I would think this just spring allergies if not for the persistent dry cough and the heavy feeling in my lower lungs which feels like not getting a deep breath. But I'm doing well all things considered.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've had a persistent dry cough and all of the allergic sinus stuff going on as well. But so far no fever. When I'm off and at home, I'm mostly doing yard work or some other outdoor chore, which makes things worse. As I'm an ICU nurse, I have to be extra vigilant in monitoring myself. Be well and vigilant! Live long and prosper (eventually)!

OkieStubble

I've had a persistent dry cough and all of the allergic sinus stuff going on as well. But so far no fever. When I'm off and at home, I'm mostly doing yard work or some other outdoor chore, which makes things worse. As I'm an ICU nurse, I have to be extra vigilant in monitoring myself. Be well and vigilant! Live long and prosper (eventually)!

Thank you for your service John! We appreciate what you do!

I belong to a couple of private clubs. We easily do the 6 ft thing on any of our ranges. As far as the clays go, some are voice activated to throw. On the ones that have a remote to throw, we just have one guy pull birds and don't pass the remote around.

We don't go in the clubhouses and hangout. We stay outside and socialize from afar.

I go to one club or another every day. Other than a planned get together for clay's, I rarely see another shooter. I can shoot rifle or pistol by myself on most visits.

No such thing as a private range here in the great white North.
Sure wish that would change.

Pollen is wrecking havoc up here in the hills. Runny nose, annoying cough (hardly a dry one) and serious post nasal drip. Certainly being concerned that pollen is all that it is.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
After too much time spent in the hospital with my wife, I think nurses are the best people on the planet.

My preferred shooting range is in the middle of my hunting land, so no worries about social distancing. I headed up there Saturday morning for some quality time with a couple old friends and some semi-wad cutters that I cast and loaded myself. The SWCs fed flawlessly through the auto.

D38CEF6C-FCA8-4DBF-9BB4-D14304AF1D63.jpeg

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

Stay strong, Rob. Keep us posted.

Thanks Chris, Lol'd at getting it's freak on. I'm pretty in tune with what my body communicates to me. I would think this just spring allergies if not for the persistent dry cough and the heavy feeling in my lower lungs which feels like not getting a deep breath. But I'm doing well all things considered.

Catching the virus would not be good for you at this point.
Stay healthy!

The front line has a huge task in front of them.
Thank you and stay healthy.

OkieStubble

Stay strong, Rob. Keep us posted.

Thanks my friend. :) I put a call into my doctor today, hoping to get a referral for testing. Sat on an automated system for more then an hour for someone to answer the phone and tell me that a Nurse would call me back. That was at 11:00am. No call back yet... Maybe tomorrow.

Top Bottom