What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

New G43 to the range. First shots of the day at 5 yard warm up.

G43 on left, Sig P365 center, G42 on the right.
34D3ADCC-4807-431B-AAD9-173773E3A629.jpeg

Don't think I like the Sig. Snappy recoil and the sights are difficult to see.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
New G43 to the range. First shots of the day at 5 yard warm up.

G43 on left, Sig P365 center, G42 on the right.

Don't think I like the Sig. Snappy recoil and the sights are difficult to see.
Sights are difficult to see on the SIG? Did you get the SAS model?

Sights are difficult to see on the SIG? Did you get the SAS model?

No. Have always struggled with Sig sights. The x-ray rear sight is horrible though. Replaced with a #8 Contrast rear which I can see the dots. Not a clear sight picture though.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
22LR range day. A bunch of Federal, Remington and Aguila bulk package ammo. Walter PPK/s (recently made) and Ruger Wrangler. The Walther simply loads, fires and ejects anything. Ran into a few Remington rounds that would not even load into the Wrangler and the PPK/s ate them and spit out the carcass.

All in all a good day.

PPKs-01-small.jpg

Wrangler.jpg

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Thanks to a whole lot of guidance from our resident 1911 guru, Mr. Bill @Mhinagoya, I was finally able to get the Taylors & Co 10mm/40s&w up & running and to the range this week.

Ready to throw in the towel after trying & trying to get the 40 barrel to run in the 10mm 1911, I sent Bill a final message of despair. In turn, he replied with an informative, step-by-step solution to my quandry.

The end result…
Out of the hundred 40S&W reloads (165gr./1100fps), there was only 1 hiccup, a FTF on the 3rd round fired. Following, are the two final targets, the previous, ones having laughed themselves to death 😬.

Top/Bottom - 25yds/10yds

After ditching the factory magwell, MSH & ambi-thumb safety, I then installed a C&S light-pull sear spring; a flat-bottom FP stop; an SA thumb safety; an arched MSH; the Colt double-D panels; the 40 S&W barrel/recoil assy. & finally, the Mec-Gar magazines.

Before & after…

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Thanks to a whole lot of guidance from our resident 1911 guru, Mr. Bill @Mhinagoya, I was finally able to get the Taylors & Co 10mm/40s&w up & running and to the range this week.

Ready to throw in the towel after trying & trying to get the 40 barrel to run in the 10mm 1911, I sent Bill a final message of despair. In turn, he replied with an informative, step-by-step solution to my quandry.

The end result…
Out of the hundred 40S&W reloads (165gr./1100fps), there was only 1 hiccup, a FTF on the 3rd round fired. Following, are the two final targets, the previous, ones having laughed themselves to death 😬.

Top/Bottom - 25yds/10yds

After ditching the factory magwell, MSH & ambi-thumb safety, I then installed a C&S light-pull sear spring; a flat-bottom FP stop; an SA thumb safety; an arched MSH; the Colt double-D panels; the 40 S&W barrel/recoil assy. & finally, the Mec-Gar magazines.

Before & after…

Wow! Nice shooting! Where has Bill been as of late? Haven’t seen him posting? I could listen to him talk about the 1911 all day everyday.

Reading his posts is like reading 1911 poetry! :)

He doesn’t live too far north from me. If @Mhinagoya doesn’t show back up sooner or later, ima gunna have to drive to wear he lives and take a measuring cup with me.

And borrow some sugar…. ;)

16779594669996814792791444709893.jpg

So I went to the range today. I shot one box of 357 and was 3/4 through a box of 38 special, when the ceiling of my lane fell down on my head. It was a 4x5 piece of 1/2 plywood with a florescent light fixtures attached to it. Thank God I have skull like a cro mag. The padded ear protection tool most of blow, but it felt like someone hit me over the head. No blood, no concussion. Free range session. Crazy day...

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 1615816
So I went to the range today. I shot one box of 357 and was 3/4 through a box of 38 special, when the ceiling of my lane fell down on my head. It was a 4x5 piece of 1/2 plywood with a florescent light fixtures attached to it. Thank God I have skull like a cro mag. The padded ear protection tool most of blow, but it felt like someone hit me over the head. No blood, no concussion. Free range session. Crazy day...

The muzzle blast from your Ruger hand cannon brought the ceiling down!

Those Rosewood panels on your GP100 makes your pistol look fantastic!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
View attachment 1615816
Need to milk a few more free sessions out of that. :)

Tonight was unlimited rimfire benchrest. It was about 50F. We had 8 shooters. The rifles were one Anschutz, one custom 40x, with the rest being unmodified 40x rifles. We shot 6 matches. I had a good night. I placed in the money 5 times and won a side cash pot twice.

22LR range day. A bunch of Federal, Remington and Aguila bulk package ammo. Walter PPK/s (recently made) and Ruger Wrangler. The Walther simply loads, fires and ejects anything. Ran into a few Remington rounds that would not even load into the Wrangler and the PPK/s ate them and spit out the carcass.

All in all a good day.

View attachment 1615352

View attachment 1615353

Great Walther. I parted ways with mine. The DA pull in the 22 is atrocious. Otherwise fun and super accurate.

Top Bottom