What's new

A Couple Restorations...

A friend sent me two handles to re-knot and I had the green and black one that needed some attention. Please let me know what you think.

proxy.php

The Green and Black Ever-Ready with a 22mm TGN Super Silvertip set at 45mm. I ran one quick test lather through it.

proxy.php

The Red and White Ever-Ready 100 has a 20mm Super Fan set at 44mm. I had to hog out the Blue and White Ever-Ready to fit the 24mm Extra Stuffed Finest knot. It is set at 48mm.

Sorry for the bad pics, all I have is my cell phone camera.

Regards,

Dale

You're going to love that 22mm TGN Super Silvertip set at 45mm... I have that same knot, set at the same height in this brush, and it is my stand alone favourite. I use my new reknots and stuff for a few days and always go back to it.

Nice work on those!

I haven't been interested in shaving memorabilia very long, but I hadn't seen a color combo like that black and green one before. It stands out but still looks a bit classy. I like it.:thumbup1:

Great job Dale!

I think all of those brushes will be very much enjoyed and will be excellent for both creams and soaps.

The lofts are in the range I would set mine at and found that they perform well. :thumbup:

Nicely done. That Green/Black is a real classic eyepopper.

EverReady's are real gems to restore. Classic handles with great color. Super work.

Thanks for the kind words.

I ran a test lather through it last night and it lost 16 hairs. I've had brushes lose a few before on first lather, but this seemed like a lot. This morning for the shave, it only dropped two hairs. I don't think it is going to be a shedder, just had some extra lose hair at the start.

I think I like the brush. It is different from the TGN Finest that I am used to, but worked really well. I look forward to spending more time with it.

I'm not normally a very big fan of old brush handles (probably because, like the default Simpsons faux ivory, there are just so many red/white and black/white combinations out there that they no longer excite me (not trying to be disparaging here, just my own personal taste/feeling is all))...

Having said that, I simply couldn't resist the urge to chime in to say that black and green combination on the Everyready is REALLY sweet! Very nice find and very nice restoration/re-knotting work on all three. Well done.

Have y'all seen these green/black Everreadys ?

They are, according to the original poster, the same brush but the green was sanded back to its original sea-foam green.

I like them both !!

Quick question, the red and white one you have listed above is that an Ever-ready?

It almost looks like a Mohawk I have, same coloring. I am trying to restore but is a pain in the butt to get the old knot out. I think the old knot was synthetic hairs. Great looking handle though.

Can anyone give some feedback on the Mohawk Brush, I think it is from Canada?

They are, according to the original poster, the same brush but the green was sanded back to its original sea-foam green.

I like them both !!

GAH! Those look great. Not sure which green I like better either. Great job!

I like them both !!

I like them. The one looks like pea soup and the other reminds me of a mentholated Halls cough drop.

Quick question, the red and white one you have listed above is that an Ever-ready?

It almost looks like a Mohawk I have, same coloring. I am trying to restore but is a pain in the butt to get the old knot out. I think the old knot was synthetic hairs. Great looking handle though.

Can anyone give some feedback on the Mohawk Brush, I think it is from Canada?

I did one re-knot with a synthetic and it was a pain. I used a dremel to try and grind the knot out, but the knot melted and gummed up the bit. I ended up just drilling it out with a 1/2" bit then using the sanding drum on the dremel to clean it up. Please post some pics when you get into replacing the knot.

Top Bottom