What's new

A couple of questions re: selling through BST

I've had a good read through the BST guidelines but still have a couple of, lets say, operational questions on how people handle things.

#1 I see lots of items for sale that are CONUS only. So if I'm in Canada it's cool to say "ships within Canada only"?
#2 So, with the Paypal Goods & Services transactions, what/when is the typical point at which the payment happens. Do I expect payment before shipping? When I provide a tracking #? Upon delivery?

Sorry, I've only ever used eBay for transactions like this, and then, only as a buyer...

Thanks in advance

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
1. Absolutely — you get to determine where you’re willing to ship.

2. Payment happens when the buyer commits to buying (typically in a private message). You shouldn’t close the thread (or ship) till you get paid.

3. Once you’re paid, you should give the buyer a tracking number after you ship.

1. Absolutely — you get to determine where you’re willing to ship.

2. Payment happens when the buyer commits to buying (typically in a private message). You shouldn’t close the thread (or ship) till you get paid.

3. Once you’re paid, you should give the buyer a tracking number after you ship.
Perfect! Thanks for the quick responses!
I didn’t want to throw any buyers curveballs by asking for payment up front if that isn’t customary.

What these gents said above. I would almost mention that once payment is received aim to ship the item(s) 24-48 hours after payment or communicate timing.

Good luck with the sales from another canuck!

Top Bottom