What's new

A couple of Canadian Pocket Editions

Picked up 2 Canadian Pocket Editions
The Floral case is in really nice shape, the Empire set has a bit of brassing on the high points

The velvet in the Floral case is worn and faded but the Empire's interior is in good shape
Both razors have the Canadian solid thin handle with the smooth ball end

Serial numbers..

The Floral set blade box was full of old 3 hole blades

Thanks for looking
Kevin

Nice find! If you look closely at the flower case you will see that the Canadian flower ABCs have a different pattern than the U.S. ones. They are much rarer and harder to find.

Congrats.

These are two gorgeous sets, congrats! Thank you for taking those very nice pictures and share them here.

Wow, just beautiful. I would like to find a case like that for my 1921 Old Style Ball Handle. It's plated in Silver and I want to get it replated and in a nice case like this, as it is my Grandfather's birth year razor. He died in 92' but was such an influence in my life. It was my first time experiencing death. I was in the hospital holding his hand when he passed away. My Nana was holding his other hand telling him. "it ok honey, just let go. It's ok." I can't even type it without tears running down my face.

Sorry, that was OT. Those are lovely cases. Lovely.

Wow, just beautiful. I would like to find a case like that for my 1921 Old Style Ball Handle. It's plated in Silver and I want to get it replated and in a nice case like this, as it is my Grandfather's birth year razor. He died in 92' but was such an influence in my life. It was my first time experiencing death. I was in the hospital holding his hand when he passed away. My Nana was holding his other hand telling him. "it ok honey, just let go. It's ok." I can't even type it without tears running down my face.

Sorry, that was OT. Those are lovely cases. Lovely.
I sincerely hope that you find a case for the razor since it has a significant meaning in your life.

Picked up 2 Canadian Pocket Editions
The Floral case is in really nice shape, the Empire set has a bit of brassing on the high points

The velvet in the Floral case is worn and faded but the Empire's interior is in good shape
Both razors have the Canadian solid thin handle with the smooth ball end

Serial numbers..

The Floral set blade box was full of old 3 hole blades

Thanks for looking
Kevin

I will add these to the Canadian shave wiki list now for you.

Nice find! If you look closely at the flower case you will see that the Canadian flower ABCs have a different pattern than the U.S. ones. They are much rarer and harder to find.

Congrats.

Interesting...I did notice the difference between this case and the ABC cases, I thought the difference might be that these are made by Gillette compared to the ABC made cases.
However I did look at an old Gillette catalog and those are the same as the ABC cases, I didnt realize that the Canadian cases were different than the U.S.
I also noticed that the Empire case has a couple of very minor differences compared to an ABC case,,perhaps that is due to slight changes over the years??

Thanks
Kevin

Interesting...I did notice the difference between this case and the ABC cases, I thought the difference might be that these are made by Gillette compared to the ABC made cases.
However I did look at an old Gillette catalog and those are the same as the ABC cases, I didnt realize that the Canadian cases were different than the U.S.
I also noticed that the Empire case has a couple of very minor differences compared to an ABC case,,perhaps that is due to slight changes over the years??

Thanks
Kevin

I had not noticed any differences between the Empire sets. I have looked before and didn't notice any so they must be very small. The flower case on the other hand is an entirely different pattern. Strange that Gillette would keep the Empire pattern the same between Canada and U.S.A but completely change the flower pattern.

Kevin,

I can hear the profound "dissapointment" in your post of the brassing on one of them. So sad. So I'll PM you my address and you can get rid of that "eye sore" immediately. Here to help sir!:001_tongu

Beautiful razors and excellent job on shooting them.

Top Bottom