What's new

A couple cross pens

They aren’t fountain pens, just a ballpoint and a roller ball I received for Christmas. They are my fathers that he used in the 70’s and 80’s to write contracts when he owned a fence company and later when he was a finance manager at a couple different car lots. He couldn’t remember when he bought them and lost the matching mechanical pencil years ago. Either way, I was excited to get them! I found some ink refills and they have been my writing instruments of choice since Christmas!

959F33AE-0B82-4BB6-BB04-994890E30693.jpeg

I have Cross pens that belonged to my Grandmother, Mother , and my Father . I also have some that were given to me in High School . One I have bee carrying in my pocket since High School that has the top and the clip missing . They write wonderful writing instruments. My mom and grandmother especially loved writing with them ,. The set that was given to me in HS is a gold set with my initials engraved on them .

They aren’t fountain pens, just a ballpoint and a roller ball I received for Christmas. They are my fathers that he used in the 70’s and 80’s to write contracts when he owned a fence company and later when he was a finance manager at a couple different car lots. He couldn’t remember when he bought them and lost the matching mechanical pencil years ago. Either way, I was excited to get them! I found some ink refills and they have been my writing instruments of choice since Christmas!

View attachment 1047421
I own the same set. Mine are from the early 80's. Not too many things in life as nice as a Cross writing instrument.

I have several sets, mostly ballpoint and pencil. Dad was a manager in an office equipment business from the early 40's through through the late 70's. I have the gold set he had in the 50's and gave to me when I was in high school back in the early 60's Lot of numbers thrown in this comment!

The set is superb and embodies many memories of your father so that makes them so much more special to you and your family. Pens with a history have such treasure like value to families.

I own a few Cross pens, a ballpoint an early fountain pen and a modern Cross Peerless 125 which I favour as every day carry fountain pen for business uses like signing contracts at the office.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Cool
I think that line was called classic black i think from the 80s.
I remember twisting the ball pen open with one hand. I have some classic 70s items that were in the family stashed somewhere. I have a fondness for cross. The set you have was definitely made in the usa. Glad you are using them!

That is a really nice set that you recieved. Im sure that they will carry a lot of sentimental value while you use them.

Those old school 1980's Cross pens are really nice. That matte finish is very tough and hides fingerprints really well. The fountain pen in this series is also a champ.

Top Bottom