What's new

A confession: Merkur Futur to QShave

I've been using my Merkur Futur for decades - long before the patent expired, but was shopping on AliExpress and needed to add a little more to my cart.
Not only did I buy a QShave Luxurious Black Adjustable Safety Razor Can Design Name on It Classic Stand Safety Razor Men Shaving 5 Gift Blades for $9.98, but I am using it instead of my Futur (which I see costs a mere $79.95).

Merkur Futur Brushed Chrome.jpg

proxy.php

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I am also a great fan of the Ming Shi 2000S (also sold as a QShave adjustable). I have been shaving with mine every Friday to try and overcome my fear of "safety" razors. I am almost at the stage where I will actually put a blade in this razor and try shaving with it.

I am also a great fan of the Ming Shi 2000S (also sold as a QShave adjustable). I have been shaving with mine every Friday to try and overcome my fear of "safety" razors. I am almost at the stage where I will actually put a blade in this razor and try shaving with it.
Don't do it. I made the mistake of putting a blade in my old 3 piece DE razor on Saturday and haven't been able to shave all week. A couple of decent cuts does not for a comfortable shave make.

Back to straights when I can shave again.

I prefer my QShave clone to my original Futur although I rarely use either (actually sold the Futur) as I find them both WAY too aggressive even on the first setting. The QShave is just a bit less aggessive.

I've got a Van Der Hagen Twist Adjustable. It was about $12 in a gift set with blades and their shave butter. I can't imagine it's not a Q Shave future knock off rebranded. I like it better then the Futur as it can be more mild where and when I need it.

Reactions: Kix

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I've got a Van Der Hagen Twist Adjustable. It was about $12 in a gift set with blades and their shave butter. I can't imagine it's not a Q Shave future knock off rebranded. I like it better then the Futur as it can be more mild where and when I need it.
The futur clone is manufactured by Ming Shi who market it as their model 2000S (unbranded). Ming Shi will also add a logo of other vendors if the number ordered is high enough, hence we get the QShave, etc.. Gold Dollar and Titan will do the same.

What I found interesting is the bottom of my Parthenon is engraved both QShave and Weishi which Weishi sells a Parthenon clone. They're all probably the same company and plant.

IMG_20230120_090643105.jpg

IMG_20230120_090651464.jpg

The futur clone is manufactured by Ming Shi who market it as their model 2000S
Thank you for sharing this detail. While I'm somewhat familiar with the OEM and re-branding in consumer electronics, I was unaware of (but and unsurprised by) this.
I see the Ming Shi 2000S is similarly priced on AliExpress and that @NDM63 has posted Merkur Future and Ming Shi 2000s: A Side by Side Test and Review with a fairly detailed comparison and a decent sized thread.

Welcome aboard!
Glad you've joined, welcome!
Thank you.

H28bd59255ac54f129ed931785ad94592g.jpg

Top Bottom