What's new

A Comprehensive Visual Rundown of What a REAL Green Irish Tweed Looks Like

Featherweight, now we need you to intentionally buy a fake bottle of GIT and take photos of it to contrast. :lol:

Ha! I do have one picture of a fake bottle above, but all it really boils down to is black plastic with a silver atomizer with most of the fakes. And of course, the beloved box label: Green Frich Tweed!

Wow. This is great! I have been searching and reading a lot about fakes. I should have known to search on good old B&B. So much easier to show the real thing and know what to expect. I am sure this took a while to prepare in 2011. It is the best thing on the internet!

TCB

Matt

Thanks, Featherweight! It's funny that you started this thread. I'm almost out of GIT, which I had purchased a while back at Neiman Marcus (or Saks 5th...can't recall exactly). Anyway, I was looking on FragranceNet.com and they have GIT for sale at a cheaper price. I was trying to decide if there would be any quality difference. I've ordered some fragrances from FragranceNet and have had no problems with the product. I guess I'm just a bit cautious.

GIT is great.

proxy.php

Thanks, Featherweight! It's funny that you started this thread. I'm almost out of GIT, which I had purchased a while back at Neiman Marcus (or Saks 5th...can't recall exactly). Anyway, I was looking on FragranceNet.com and they have GIT for sale at a cheaper price. I was trying to decide if there would be any quality difference. I've ordered some fragrances from FragranceNet and have had no problems with the product. I guess I'm just a bit cautious.

I love when people dig these old threads out from the ground! Haha

Jason - just last week I received a 4 oz bottle of GIT from FragranceNet. Perfectly great and 100% legit. Note that you MAY find a couple very minor variations from Featherweight's initial post (variations in the box, not the bottle ... bottle should be nearly identical), because they do make small changes to the boxes time and again (I think to keep the counterfeiters on their toes). If you order and you want to compare once you receive, send me a private message.

I love when people dig these old threads out from the ground! Haha

Jason - just last week I received a 4 oz bottle of GIT from FragranceNet. Perfectly great and 100% legit. Note that you MAY find a couple very minor variations from Featherweight's initial post (variations in the box, not the bottle ... bottle should be nearly identical), because they do make small changes to the boxes time and again (I think to keep the counterfeiters on their toes). If you order and you want to compare once you receive, send me a private message.

Will do, sir! Thanks!

Excellent job! THANK YOU!

My 4oz bottle was purchased in 2003 and seems to be legit in all respects including seams, top, front, and bottom markings (mine has a "1" instead of the "7," shown on yours.) My main problem, however, is that my bottle is sans the engraved "lot number." And my box has some minor differences also that include an engraved sans serf "2003" on the back, below the gold MILLESIME lettering. Interestingly, my box's gold "EMB 77477A" and the "GIT 120 ML" bar-code sticker# also match the #'s on your box. Would you know if older bottles (of 2003 vintage) might not have included an engraved "lot #" and may have had such minor box differences? I am now worried mine may have been a fake, as I no longer recall exactly where I purchased it, over 10 years ago.

In any case, I will be vigilant now, as per your advice, since I need to replace it currently.
Again, many thanks for your great information.

I bought some GIT for the first time through Walmart.com, inexpensive but not ridiculously so (200 for 3.4 oz). I thought that Wallmart was trustworthy but didn't realize that they use third party sellers just like on Amazon. When I got it, I suspected that it was fake. The fragrance lasted all of 5 minutes, maybe, and smelled like a diluted version of my tiny little sample that a friend gave me. Further investigation, including here, showed that the box was clearly fake, compared to the Creed Boutique pictures. Also, there is no 120 ml size any more. its 100 ml, 3.3oz. FYI, the new bottle is also completely different from the post here. The correct bottle is shown at the Creed Boutique site and has sloping shoulders at the top, and a gold Creed seal on the cap. I will post pictures of real and fake. Incidentally, I opened a chat window at Walmart.com and said that I thought that the Creed that I bought was fake. They immediately refunded my purchase price the next day, without even saying anything!

Top Bottom