What's new

A Comparison Between The German & Egyptian Manufactured Bolzano Blades

question are the German ones no longer and the production only in Egypt now ?

Had a great shave with a sample I had and did not realize two types arrgghhhh mine were the German :) most likely will get a tuck of the Egypt anyways and see but just curious

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
question are the German ones no longer and the production only in Egypt now ?

Had a great shave with a sample I had and did not realize two types arrgghhhh mine were the German :) most likely will get a tuck of the Egypt anyways and see but just curious
For my face, skin, beard and preferred shaving technique, the German Bolzano blades are better than the Egyptian Bolzano blades. Smoother, sharper and less prone to "chatter".

There were still some online vendors who had German Bolzano blades in stock back in October, 2021. If you contact a variety of vendors who sell Bolzano blades, they should be able to tell you what they have in stock.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Used a German bolzano today and it was slightly above average but definitely not a blade I would choose to use regularly.

It didn't match the sharpness or smoothness of polsilver and BIC chrome platinum blades.
Blades are very much a YMMV thing. :)

There are razors that I prefer with German Bolzanos and there are razors that I prefer with other favored blades. :)

Absolutely agree!

Blades were the most YMMV variable in wet shaving.

I have settled on 3 blades and that's all I'll ever use (have shocked up thousands).

If a razor doesn't work with them, I sell the razor off.
and the 3 are ????

Wizamet and Polsilver are reported to be the same blade, what is your favorite blade right now?
ahhh good to know

well each razor has a kinda fav and in the process of finding the ones for the woflman so not done yet
but that said the ones that have done really well in that .95 wolf are
Nacet
Bolzano (spelling ? ) keep forgetting that name hahahahah but yeah the wolf is the first one that I was like WOW in did another one and yeah I really like this blade why I came to this post but also plan on trying the non german as they seem more common ?
Persona platinum
the green label 7 O'Clock another did not do well in my others but great in the wolf
couple others in the great shave bin just forgot already :)

more brain dump thoughts on all this :)

the good not great shave bin is larger that I will give a few more shaves with just to make sure was not a off day :)
the Nacet I plan on buying 100 as the couple shaves have been great same with the German Bolzano those two are that consistent good for me as I am done with the test tuck I got of those

the nacet or bolzano did not do as well in my timeless in that razor the persona(persona seems to be my best all around does well in almost my razors) and other platinums that shine in the timeless and the GC 68 and 84

so yeah just working my way through which I find quite fun good or bad shave just to know feel the difference of the blades

my end is more all around balance leaning toward comfort top 3 or so blades

I do find some are well balanced
some I can tell cut whiskers with less force or pressure or drag etc.. but are not as comfy overall and leave some of that I shaved burn sensation cleaning up and have a touch more of that splash tingle post feel

others while the whiskers might have a touch more drag feeling or pull while cutting are way more comfy overall :) and less of that splash tingle feel

and of course this we know is all YMMV
and a few are like that middle bear goldilocks just right ! those are my goals nacet and bolzano have both fallen into this and will have to come back around to both of these on and off for a week or so and think more about which one I like and why :)

again I do enjoy this part of it ! like hiking the journey often is the better part of the trip as a whole than the end destination and decided just to take my time with it

Top Bottom