What's new

A carbon steel Feather?

I was browsing a well known auction site and I came across these blades listed as Feather SEIKAN Carbon Steal DE blades (there is also a single edge version). I've never seen Feathers that look this these or are listed as Carbon Steel. Has anyone tried these?

1618587422137.png

1618587330071.png
1618587354470.png
1618587375750.png

EDIT: I went onto the Feather website and these are listed there as Blue box double-edged blades as opposed to the High Stainless packs of 10, the link to the Amazon Japan site lists them as "Traditional carbon steel double-edged razor"

1618587775199.png

Last edited:
I was just checking Ted Pella website and saw these. Apparently used by medical profession for slicing tissue. I wouldn't use them to shave.

View attachment 1252352

They are on the Feather website under consumer/mens shaving products, although still not sure about trying a carbon blade.

Googling "Feather Seikan Blades" gets a lot of hits, including a couple threads here on B&B.

I could only find threads of the SE Seikan blades, will do some more googling and see what people thought of the DE ones.

They have bulk se blades on the bay, as well as the se stainless in bulk 240 blade packs. Curious on the carbon blades as well.

I purchased an old Open Comb Feather online, but upon receiving it, it was made for the old 3 hole blades. The seller sent me some of the carbon feathers to see if they’d fit. The were probably from 60’s/70’s but still didnt fit as they were the new alignment style blade.

I did try shaving with one in various razors. Cant say I enjoyed it all, but thats the only CS blade I ever used. Could have degraded after all those years, but looked to the eye to be in good shape (no visible rust).

I seem to recall that other members of B&B tried the feather carbon blades.... and they were awful. Probably not meant for shaving anyways. Never tried one myself

I seem to recall that other members of B&B tried the feather carbon blades.... and they were awful. Probably not meant for shaving anyways. Never tried one myself

Feather list them under their Mens Shaving Section of their website, so they are definitely sold as blades for shaving. Sounds like they aren't worth trying though!

Didn't see this thread till after I started a new one. There seem to be 2 versions (though they look the same other than the "lab" one has writing on the blade). The more expensive "lab" version is for "vibrating microtomes". I suspect it is a AccuTec (AccuFroge now) Lab Prep versus Med Prep thing. Fist shave yesterday was awesome BBS-/DFS+ after 12 hours (Bison razor). Here is my original post -https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/feather-carbon-steel-blades-and-a-bison.648778/

Top Bottom