What's new

A Bit of A Head-Scratcher

B&B is a trusted community IMO, and one worth consulting. Now I see there's a hair and body section, I'll see what the wisdom of the educated minor masses has to offer.
I have difficulty with dandruff. By difficulty, I mean that most days it's present. I've tried all the remedies: ACV, dandruff shampoo (zinc and tar), hypoallergenic shampoos, moisturizing shampoos, hot water, cold water, more frequent showers, less frequent showers, homemade shampoo bars, homemade dandruff shampoo bars... The list goes on. Everything works for a time and then makes the problem worse forever after.
Part of the issue is I have it from both ends - over moisturized scalp produces overrun of fun guys having parties on my scalp. Use the stuff to dry that out and my scalp over-dries and I get the powder flakes.
In a community this large, surely someone has had experience with something similar. Does anyone have advice for this head-scratcher?

You might try this shampoo. My wife got it at Walmart and it worked wonders for me.

2AEF1EC0-50F7-47EB-924F-1AC2B7115C15.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Paul Mitchell Special Tea Tree Shampoo really, REALLY helped me immensely my friend. I now sometimes use that mixed with some coal tar shampoo AND Head and Shoulder's..... And NO creme rinse. But that is just me. Might work wonders for you, or do nothing.... Lots of times the problems we have outside our bodies begin inside our bodies....

These guys talk through the realities that many people build up resistance to the standard products and provide a few strategies on combinations and rotations of products, should start at timestamp:

Edit: timestamp around 5:50 mins in

Today I learned that I don't get notified of replies to my threads. Fun times.

Thank you all for the suggestions! These are good points for resuming research.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I've recently tried Drunk Elephant shampoo and that's been the only thing that's worked for me.
It's been a long while since I have seen you on here friend, but again, I have to compliment you on your profile picture! I hope you have been well.

Mine went away when my hair thinned. If I kept my hair short. it seemed to do better.

Short hair was my solution too. As my dandruff got worse in my 60s, my buzz kept getting shorter. Now in my 70s, I buzz my own hair every few weeks with with no guard. My hair was grey and thinning/patchy on top anyway.

lasta

Blade Biter
Have you tried Nizoral?

I no longer have dandruff, but when it did exist, Nizoral always worked.

Top Bottom