What's new

A BIG BIG shout out to DunEdinRanger and Miss Erin!

Hello everyone,

I've got a little story to share. A while back Darjeeling Express was selling a Gold Fat Handled Tech. Now, the only razor I've ever used is my HD but I've been wanting to try a vintage Gillette. I'v also never liked a gold razor before.

That is until I saw this razor. It was beautiful. I had to have it. The way it shined and gleamed while perched atop that case oh it was amazing!

However, while I was PMing him a question, ImprovAddict snatched it up. I was bummed but well good for him, I'm sure that he'll get great shaves out of it. We made some jokes about him having "stolen" if from me, and DunEdinRanger saw my posts and sent me a PM with an offer for a Gold Fat Handled Tech! He was going to put it up on the BST in the next few days but instead offered it to me with a bit of an early bird's discount even!

We swapped emails and eventually I got some wonderful photos which I'll post below. I loved the razor, but however by this time the initial shock of the beauty of the razor had worn off and my financial reality set it.

I could not afford this razor. I had to pass.

I emailed DunEdinRanger back to tell him he could put the razor on the BST. This is where my girlfriend (who for those of you who don't know, is a member of the forum and goes by Miss. Erin)comes in. She knew I wanted the razor and when I told her I passed on it she insisted on purchasing it for me as another gift for our first anniversary! I emailed DunEdinRanger back and sent him my payment, and just yesterday the razor arrived!

I had three days of growth, and I cleanly sliced it off in what was not only my first ever vintage Gillette shave, but my first ever feather shave as well. It felt like angels had caressed my face. It was incredible!

Even more incredible though, is my girlfriend and the wonderful gentlemen of the Badger and Blade. I have never known an internet community to be as friendly and helpful as this one.

Thank you all for enabling my various ADs, as well as introducing me to the world of traditional wet shaving! I am honored to be among you.

Regards,

Joshua Da Silva.

P.S. Before I forget, here are the photos of my new tech:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

EDIT: Oh I forgot one other thing! Soon after Darjeeling Express' razor got snatched up he was kind enough to point me in the direction of another Gold Fat Handled Tech that had just gone on sale on the BST, it was another fine example of the gentlemanly behavior we see here on the forum. In anyone's wondering, I passed on that one because it was in some serious need of some love!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Josh.

I am happy the Tech has found a new home where it will be used and loved.

With my Slants, Open Comb and Futur, it was just gathering dust.

You're welcome Lou :001_smile

Moral of the story:

Tech + Feather = Awesome! :w00t:

p.s. B&B is pretty good too:biggrin:

Yes, it is a great combo! But you left out another lesson in this story: get yourself a great girl who supports your shaving addiction..I mean hobby.:wink:

EDIT: As a side note, I just had another shave with the tech/feather combo. I can't get stop touching my face now.

But you left out another lesson in this story: get yourself a great girl who supports your shaving addiction..I mean hobby.:wink:

:blush: Well, this "hobby" (although truly an addiction for you since you bring it up more often than is probably healthy...but I guess I'll let it slide :wink:) has turned out to be quite fun. Plus I got myself a very pretty vintage gillette myself mostly because of you, also combined with the help of the gentlemen on this forum. So why not return the favour?

Welcome to the vintage life josh :smile:

Awsome story. I have found of the 3 razors I own, I love the tech the most, paired with the right blade gives an incredible shave.

Awsome story. I have found of the 3 razors I own, I love the tech the most, paired with the right blade gives an incredible shave.

Hey a fellow Canadian! Always good so see one on here :biggrin:

I was reading your sig, and your setup is pretty similar to mine! I just use the nivea cream for the second time yesterday and oh what a scent :biggrin:

Speaking of scents, the first time I used the tech I noticed that it even smelled different from my HD :tongue_sm No, I didn't sniff it, I just noticed as I shaved my upper lip.

Josh, you got yourself a good great girlfriend there. You better hold onto her!

P.S. Does Miss Erin have a slightly older sister? :ihih:

Fabulous Thread! I've got my Tech lined up with a Feather. First time I've ever used that combo. All set for tomorrow. But my Tech, a beat up old silver thing, doesn't look anything like that beauty. Where did you get that again?:biggrin: I'm so glad this worked out for all. Good Karma attached to that Tech!

A cute cousin maybe? Or maybe we can clone here? :wink:

She has many cousins actually, some are a bit older. However, one is married with kids, one is getting married...but the third one, well she has a boyfriend but we all agree he's a dick and that she needs a new one haha

Fabulous Thread! I've got my Tech lined up with a Feather. First time I've ever used that combo. All set for tomorrow. But my Tech, a beat up old silver thing, doesn't look anything like that beauty. Where did you get that again?:biggrin: I'm so glad this worked out for all. Good Karma attached to that Tech!

:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom