What's new

A Better Shave After 2-Day's Growth? That is the question.

Do You Get a Better Shave After Two (or more) Day's Beard Growth?

• Yes

• No

• No Differenence in shave quality between one or two days growth

Results are only viewable after voting.
Do you get a better shave after two day's growth, versus shaving about 24 hours after the last shave? It seems I do.

It really depends on the blade for me. If it's a Feather or an Astra SP, then yes. The two days will give me a better shave (especially with recently acquired R41) But with a Derby, Shark or Merkur blade, 6 of one...

I do. I'm to the point where I have long since gone to shaving every other day. I run into some problems when I shave everyday or shave too close when I shave. Every other day, one pass, and always with the grain of my whiskers.

No. I perform a 3 pass technique everyday and receive fantastic results. When I have let it go for 2 days which has only happened 2 or 3 times in the past 3 months, the results are the same.

Its night and day difference for me doing a shave with 2 to 3 days growth versus 24 hours. With 2-3 days there is much smoother cutting, Two passes gets to a BBS condition easily and zero indication of irritation. Looks as if my face was wazed not shaved. Remarkable. With the typical 24 hour growth it takes a lot more skill and patients to get to a good shave, but the shave is nowhere near the quality when cutting down 2 to 3 days growth.

I also get better shaves after 2-3 days. However, my beard grows slowly and requires 2-3 days to achieve what most guys can grow in 24 hours.

Skin may feel better after resting a day or two, but cutting whiskers is cutting whiskers, doesn't matter what day it is or how long they are. The whiskers are cut almost at the intersection of the hair and the skin. What does it matter how long the whisker is beyond where it is cut?

Skin may feel better after resting a day or two, but cutting whiskers is cutting whiskers, doesn't matter what day it is or how long they are. The whiskers are cut almost at the intersection of the hair and the skin. What does it matter how long the whisker is beyond where it is cut?

This is my thoughts on the subject as well. A shave after suffering through two days of growing stubble is always more a treat than shaving daily, but that has more to do putting up with itchy stubble. I will say that I can shave a tad more aggressively after an extra day of resting the skin, but either way I end up with DFS/BBS.

+1

I can't think of one reason why one would get a better shave every two days than every day. I define a better shave as one that is close and comfortable.

If someone is experiencing that, I suggest they need to review their technique, razor, blades, and lather.

I prefer shaving every 3-4 days. I can shave every day but it's too rough on my face. Every 2 days is okay but I can't push my shaves to achieve BBS. It's catch 22 - if I shave too often my beard grows too slowly so I have to wait. If I wait too long the shaves are BBS and I have to wait until it grows enough to shave without pain.

More often than not, skipping a day for me results in a closer and more comfortable shave. But I'll usually shave everyday anyway.

For me, getting a good shave includes not shaving off the top layer of skin. Much easier for me to leave the skin on my face if it has an extra day to recover from the last shave. If I shave every day, by day 3 or 4, my face will be riddled with razor bumps and nicks.

Top Bottom