What's new

A Belated 1000th Post Vintage Razor PIF

Received the Schick G1 injector.

My everyday razor is an EJ 89. I started wet shaving in December, so this is my first time using an Injector. I had the same curiousit as when I first tried my EJ.

First, I went on YouTube to figure out how to change the blade :) Changing the blade was pretty easy. I lathered up with Catie's Bubbles let Piment de la vie using my Parker premium badger blade. The injector is much lighter than my DE razor. I decided to start with little pressure since I have never used an injector. I had no problem finding the right angle. The razor is very easy to maneuver near the nose. There is also good feedback. I didn't need to apply any additional pressure despite the lightness of the razor. Overall, this has almost no learning curve if you are comfortable with a DE razor. I ended up with a decent shave and the alum block afterwards didn't burn. I'll definitely use this razor from time to time, and I think I'll really enjoy it. Thanks for introducing me to injectors!

Thanks for your review, Brian. I'm glad you enjoyed the injector. I also really like the light weight and ease of finding the right angle. I have a couple of Schicks and several other SE razors in my rotation along with my DEs and straights. I think they will always have a place there. Enjoy your shaves!

Top Bottom