What's new

A Balding Beard as we age?

When I was young I used to be able to grow a full beard, no bald spots,. But as the years have passed and at 76 yo, not only have I gotten very thin on top but I have been getting bald at my cheeks. Has anyone else noticed the same phenomena?

At 81 my beard seems as thick as ever. However, though not bald, I'm getting pretty thin on top.
But my body is making up for it by growing hair on my ears! :facep:

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
At 81 my beard seems as thick as ever. However, though not bald, I'm getting pretty thin on top.
But my body is making up for it by growing hair on my ears! :facep:
This SR is great for shaving ears and nostrils.

IMG_20211223_165339.jpg

IMG_20200609_113826.jpg

That should not be happening. I suspect something else is going on. Maybe a mild case of alopecia areata or something like that? Might want to consider discussing it with your dermatologist or primary care doc next time you are in for a routine screening.

Went to see my Dr. on friday and she suggested not to shave for a couple of days, she felt that I was shaving with too many passes ( I do like my BBS's) Checked out my beard this morning and it was my old normal growth. I usually just do 3 passes with a bit of touch ups but sometimes i do get carried away with the touch ups.

Went to see my Dr. on friday and she suggested not to shave for a couple of days, she felt that I was shaving with too many passes ( I do like my BBS's) Checked out my beard this morning and it was my old normal growth. I usually just do 3 passes with a bit of touch ups but sometimes i do get carried away with the touch ups.

Did you tell her you know what you’re doing and not shaving with a 7-blade cartridge??

Top Bottom