What's new

A bad shave

That's what I am wondering, if I might have poor/too short prep. I don't use preshave as of right now, but I do have some on order though (Along with some new creams to try! :D ). I'd sometimes use hair conditioner while in the shower, with decent results.

Also, I took a bowl from the kitchen and used that to lather and had some pretty good results, the lather was nice and thick, and very easy as well as satisfying!

The more hydrated my whiskers are, the softer and easier to cut they become. I wash my face with a glycerin based soap, rinse, then add another coating of the soap to my whiskers while loading my brush before face lathering. The last time my shave felt "off" was a result of rushing through through the prep process. In my estimation, this led to under-hydrated lather and an abbreviated whisker soaking period.

Do you ever have one of those days where you have a bad shave?

I have these sometimes, the thing is that I don't know what I do wrong, the razor usually is really pulling/tugging at my face.

I am out of ideas, did you ever figure out what you did wrong? Do you have any ideas what I may doing wrong?

My humble advice:

1.- try a new blade, or change the brand all together (i never use a blade more than 2 times)
2.- try a different soap/cream and don't be afraid to use some extra product (artisan soaps aren't cheap, but it's better to expend a bit more if you get a smooth shave in return)
3.- try a different razor, or setting if you have an adjustable
4.- work on your technique/do less passes (some times a BBS is not worth the irritation)
5.- don't get cocky (this happened to me last night, and i have a nasty cut to show for it) take your time, no one needs cuts or nicks

Alright, so I had a shave today and it was wonderful!

So what I did was putting my face underneath the shower and having some hot (not too hot, but hot enough to still be comfortable) water run on my face for about a minute or so, afterwards I lathered up and I let the lather rest on my face for about a minute as well.

So I will try holding my face under the shower for a period of time, that seems to be what works best for me. I think all the other times I would not do it long enough (Or not use hot enough water maybe??) It's kind of a tedious process lol

Oh, and I used caffeinated shaving cream from pacific shaving company, it smelled like Wringley's Doublemint gum!

I also that new Wilkinson Sword razor that is now available (I bought it a couple days ago) I really liked it, it's nice and long, and I used an Astra SP blade in it. :D

Top Bottom