What's new

9x25 Dillon Anyone?

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Presently, I have a Glock 20 & am pondering the acquisition of a Gen-4 40 MOS ... do any of y'all have experience with the 9x25 & any advice/info you might pass along ... especially as concerns the aforementioned Glocks, KKM & Bar-Sto 9x25 conversion barrels?
Thanks...

Double up on ear protection. I have a lonewolf g-20 longslide with a 6” 9x25 conversion barrel. Fun to shoot, but it is really loud. Some good reloading info over on the 9x25 reloading sub forum of glock talk. Most of it is from mike mcnett, the owner of double tap ammo.

I’d recommend dillon dies for this load. I was having issues getting proper shoulder sizing with another brand. Once I made the switch, it was easy peasy.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
@Dan-O ... thank you for the reply.

It's my understanding that Lone Wolf no longer manufactures barrels chambered for the 9x25, but everything I have read from those who own/run those barrels has been extremely positive. I did contact KKM & they informed me that presently, 9x25 barrel production is on hold & that I should check back in a few months. Bar-Sto still has them listed, but when one considers that the cost of a new set of Dillons + a LW barrel is about the same as a 6" Bar-Sto, well, that makes the former equation quite attractive. Speaking of Dillon dies, a number of 9x25 reloaders use a 9mm RCBS expanding die, which supposedly eliminates crushed shoulders.

Appreciate the heads-up on the GT/Mcnett reloading data ... I am always leery of unofficially published data, but barring potentially 🧨 typos, NcNett is as good as gold. Thanks again, Dano-o

@Dan-O ... thank you for the reply.

It's my understanding that Lone Wolf no longer manufactures barrels chambered for the 9x25, but everything I have read from those who own/run those barrels has been extremely positive. I did contact KKM & they informed me that presently, 9x25 barrel production is on hold & that I should check back in a few months. Bar-Sto still has them listed, but when one considers that the cost of a new set of Dillons + a LW barrel is about the same as a 6" Bar-Sto, well, that makes the former equation quite attractive. Speaking of Dillon dies, a number of 9x25 reloaders use a 9mm RCBS expanding die, which supposedly eliminates crushed shoulders.

Appreciate the heads-up on the GT/Mcnett reloading data ... I am always leery of unofficially published data, but barring potentially 🧨 typos, NcNett is as good as gold. Thanks again, Dano-o

I didn’t realize LW no longer made them. I got mine about 8 years ago.

I usually take unpublished load data with a rock of salt, but if it’s within logical reason, and Mike posted it, I think you’re fairly safe.

Top Bottom