What's new

90 year resurrection under way...!

Just today I received these in-process pictures of my 1930s Rotbart Raised Flat Bottom currently being refurbished and replated by Chris Evatt at razorplate.com. So wanted to share with you guys who I am sure will appreciate a peak. This is how it looks in raw, cleaned brass after thorough cleaning and plate stripping (chemical and manual). Tomorrow it will get a layer of bright nickel all over and then a silver layer on the handle to ultimately present itself just like it left the German factory 90 years ago. Chris has fixed several razors for me - but just for clarity I am just a happy customer, I have no other affiliation with him.

Further, I enclose a ‘before’ pic of course, this was one beat-up razor. This fine shaver I acquired for naught in Eastern Europe and it has lived through all-out war, so it deserves a few battle scars, but also to be resurrected!

And finally a pic of the wonderful condition matching case that I caught this weekend to keep it in.

Life is good!

9D690DC0-75C0-425F-8953-369FE5D0F8E5.jpeg
71DDA181-C450-4D9C-B8DC-1E16AB0EB650.jpeg
E79D27DD-7D8B-44CC-A0D5-3C4BBC8C4E02.jpeg
8E2C1033-4F8F-4974-950F-BDEE1EB51DC5.png

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It's gonna look great in that case with the new two-step nickel/silver coating. Can't wait, can you?

I have a couple of that model razor (not my favorite Rotbart), one still has most of the original plating.

Thanks Doug, oh yes waiting eagerly. It will return home along with a wonderful vintage brush I got from Thomas (@It’s Hedley) and a Berkeley.

This is actually my favorite Rotbart as the others don’t really please me shaving-wise. This one does - love it.

Top Bottom