What's new

$90 worth outta 45 Ruger Bisley

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Anyone here have a lever action rifle/carbine chambered in 45 Colt to go with their single action revolvers? I'm thinking this may have to be my next gun purchase. I like the thought of being able to use one load for both firearms(hoping that it'd work well in both), plus I shamefully have to report I do not own a lever action so it would solve that problem as well. I was wanting to get a 45/70, like a Marlin 1895 G/GS but the more I think about it, the more something like a Winchester(or some other manufacturer made) 1873 in 45 Colt is becoming very attractive.
I'm in the same boat.

I own NO lever action guns!

My wife actually won HER choice of $400 or a Henry 22 in a raffle....... THAT I SOLD HER!!!

Yeah, my Mason brothers gave me a hard time about that.

BUT: when she took the MONEY instead of the gun I never heard the end of it.

My ticket was one number away, which proves that God gets His laughs where He can...

I'm going to be getting both a Henry .22 and a .357 soonish.... I ain't got THAT many years left, I only got one son, so no one will fight him over it, and dang it......I've been a good boy all year. Just ask me!

Humm? I think @FarmerTan 's got some really good points! I'm going to take them for my own! Ya, that's it... yippie! I'm getting those levers this year! Just what I've always wanted and never had enough guts to say "I'm worth it!" Thank you! Thank me! Gee Thanks All!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Humm? I think @FarmerTan 's got some really good points! I'm going to take them for my own! Ya, that's it... yippie! I'm getting those levers this year! Just what I've always wanted and never had enough guts to say "I'm worth it!" Thank you! Thank me! Gee Thanks All!
Just for that, I'm tellin' my bride it was your bright idea! All of it.

Yes, I'm a coward... But she usually lets me have my toys if I ask real nice and often. (It's called male begging/nagging.)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Scrounging through my reloading supplies looking for some .45 LC boolits, didn't find any, but came across 28 rounds of loaded RNFP, 200 gr.? No idea what the powder or charge was, prolly Unique, but it did have some chrono info, about 800 fps. I might shoot them in my Bisley next time I go to the range.

Top Bottom