What's new

9/23/2014 - Update

I like to keep you all informed about what is going on here at Stone Cottage Soapworks so here goes!

I am now working on an unscented shaving cream and testing out a new preservative in the next day or so. So many of you expressed concerns with scents that I made this the next project!

I'm addressing some concern about scent strength in my shaving cream. I don't want to make something that is so overpowering that it makes the customer using it uncomfortable so I try for a happy medium. Sometimes formulations need to be adjusted and I did a run-through of all the scents in stock to see how they were holding up and almost all of them were fine. As a soapmaker I am used to using a larger percentage of fragrance because in the process some of it evaporates or changes but shaving cream is a different beast being made of two hydroxides, potassium and sodium both of which change the consistency of the product over a period of time which had been often noted here with purchases of creams similar to the type I make and sell here. These can also affect the fragrance to a degree so I think it's better to make observations over a period of time to help make slight corrections in ingredients amounts in a formula. Sounds complicated? Not really, just a part of daily work in a business like mine.

I also will begin making liquid soap again which I used to sell in my old store. There are other projects on the horizon which will be of interest to those in here who want cleaning and grooming products and I always welcome your input. Please feel free to ask a question or post a comment here in my forum. I want to know what you're thinking and what kinds of things you want. I enjoy making these products and it is important for me to do the best job possible which included lots of research and experimentation but most importantly your input! Please feel free to speak up and say what's on your mind. I will do my best to provide the answers you seek and provide you with products you'll want and you'll love!

Top Bottom