What's new

8 oktoberfest beers you should drink right now

Nice breakdown of Oktoberfest brews from Coolmaterial.com. What do you Gents think? Would of loved to see Revolution's Oktoberfest brew included.

http://coolmaterial.com/home/drinks/8-oktoberfest-beers-you-should-drink-right-now/

You might not be sitting under a tent in Munich wearing lederhosen, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy some Oktoberfest beer. The rich and caramel sweet Märzen usually clocks in around 4-6% ABV, making it a flavorful style you can drink a few of (or a maß of). Here are eight we recommend stocking your fridge with for your festivities.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Only ones i've seen around here are the Firestone Oak-toberfest, and the Avery Kaiser. I'll make sure to get them next time.

Anyone know where Firestone Walker beers are distributed to? I'd love to get my hands on some of their stuff.

I think I saw the Victory brew at my local shop. I'll have to hunt it down next time I go to the store.

The one time I made it to Munich for the Oktoberfest, two of us exhaustively tested over a week: Hacker was consistently the best, Spaten and Tucher were pretty good. To be fair, nothing was less than good(!)

Always a good wheat beer Paulaner Helles hefeweizen, Paulaner Dunkles hefeweizen, Tucher Helles Hefe Weizen, and Tucher Dunkles Hefe Weizen

Hefeweizens are ok, but they're not Fest biers or maerzens.

I think the victory Fest bier is excellent, a little underrated in my opinion. Also, I think hacker pschorr is my least favorite maerzen from the big Munich 6. Hofbraus is probably the best, with augustiner a very close second.

I don't know about a Fest beer that's ten percent alcohol, that's kind of against the spirit of the Fest. The idea is to drink beer all damn day.... You barely get a liter in if you're doing a ten percenter.

That's my opinion, anyway. I do live near the firestone walker brewery, so I'm going to pick up some oaktoberfest soon.

So far I've had the victory, Surly, Ayinger, and Hacker Pschorr, I could have had the New Glarus but didn't get to Sconsin quick enough for it:(

I liked the Surly (can an oktoberfest be hoppy? apparently yes) and Ayinger very well. Though I found a better local beer Lake Superior Brewing Company Oktoberfest that I liked better.

Top Bottom