What's new

WTB 8 Exotic Safety Razors Sought

Greetings all, from Canada's far North!

Yes, I know, I'm not asking for much here. Just a hand full of "holy grails". Ones that are likely to be on more than a few member's wish lists. Well, they say it doesn't hurt to ask. So here I am, asking.

But just before I do that, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the great contributors here. I've very much appreciated all the information and expertise that is abundant on this website. Everything that I've learned about shaving I have learned here. I was too headstrong to learn from my dad, when his help was offered. Now it's too late. Anyway, I do try to "give back" to the forum, by providing photos of some rare razors from time to time (Portugal and Romania for example) that I've managed with some luck to acquire.

Anyway, to get on with it, I'm looking for the following razors, which I do appreciate are quite rare. I am willing (as I obviously must be) to pay fairly (via Paypal!) for examples that are in immaculate shape. Many thanks to anyone willing to consider giving any of these razors a loving new home:

Liebel (Belgium)
Petard (France)
Rasex Extra (Switzerland)
Feather 1200 (Japan)
Benz (Closed Bar, not Open Comb, Italy)
Metropolis (Italy)
Iberia (Spain)
Barbasol Open Comb

(By the way, did anyone else see that very short lived "NOS BIN Barbasol Open Comb" that was available just this morning, May 18, 2021 on Ebay? I missed it by a couple of minutes.)

Please feel free to contact me anytime in the future, no matter how far ahead from today. (I have a feeling this is going to take some time!)

Cheers, and thanks for considering this request.

Snowbeard

D

dangerousrazor

I saw the razor. I guess I missed it by a couple of minutes, too. $100 or something for a NOS Barbasol OC is too a good deal to pass by.

I saw the razor. I guess I missed it by a couple of minutes, too. $100 or something for a NOS Barbasol OC is too a good deal to pass by.

Yep. NOS. BIN for $100. Perfect looking razor and original box. International shipping available without even needing to request it. These type of deals definitely do not come along everyday, that's for sure.

I also saw it and couldn't believe my luck that it was still available when I pressed the buy it now button

Glenn
Congratulations! Looks like you're not too far away from me. So..if this ever needs a new home...Or if you happen to find one that's in even better condition..ha ha..(not going to happen!).

We want to buy some of those that you have found and teased us with!!!
Hello again Clouds! How's RSA (coming from Canada's Arctic region)? Good to hear my eclectic (eccentric?) contributions are appreciated by a few connoisseurs!

Definitely making some progress tracking down the grails. Here's what I have left to hunt down. Does anyone have one or more of these that they wish to part with? This is not too likely, I understand, but it doesn't hurt to (re-)ask! Thanks.

Petard (France)
Rasex Extra (Switzerland)
Iberia (Spain)

Top Bottom