What's new

8 Billion

Evidence indicates we already have.

If you're referring to what happened during WW2, then it wasn't really a button that was pressed and no one else had nukes to retaliate. Try that now and it will all be over in less than an hour.

If you're referring to what happened during WW2, then it wasn't really a button that was pressed and no one else had nukes to retaliate. Try that now and it will all be over in less than an hour.
Nah, different metaphorical button. We’ve all seen Soylent Green, right?

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I must admit- no, I haven’t.
images.jpg

There's always more than one perspective. If every human on the planet lived in the US, they would each have a little over a 3rd of an acre, leaving the rest of the world's land area vacant.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
There's always more than one perspective. If every human on the planet lived in the US, they would each have a little over a 3rd of an acre, leaving the rest of the world's land area vacant.
The entire State of Wyoming has a population of 579,000. That's just under 6 people per square mile.
New York City alone has a population of 8,253,213. That's 70,000 people per square mile.

The entire State of Wyoming has a population of 579,000. That's just under 6 people per square mile.
New York City alone has a population of 8,253,213. That's 70,000 people per square mile.

Which means that at the density of New York city, the world's population would almost fit in Wyoming. More than twice that would fit in Texas.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I made the mistake of watching food production documentaries... and read too many books about how our species tends to do things.

I'll only mention one issue... We have fished out some of the greatest fisheries on the planet because we developed the methods to do so. We have yet to perfect fish farming, but we are working on it.

I made the mistake of watching food production documentaries... and read too many books about how our species tends to do things.

I'll only mention one issue... We have fished out some of the greatest fisheries on the planet because we developed the methods to do so. We have yet to perfect fish farming, but we are working on it.
Yea, definitely food production is not the best thing we do to ourselves.

Chemicals used to increase land production, and the ways we increase shelf life of perishables is unreal.

Here in the U.S.A, everything has corn syrup, not bad on itself but the amount we consume of it is just poisoning. My wife and I wanted to loose some pounds and we didn't exactly do the Keto diet, but we sure cut sugars as much as we possibly could, I swear we practically had to stop eating 90% of the usual stuff we buy, is ridiculous, we worry about a pandemic from a virus with less than 5% kill rate, but we poison ourselves with worse things, the double standard is truly laughable.

And don't even have me started on fast food chains, is literal garbage fill with flavor enhancers and fillers that are not even close to something you can call food, but we consume it like there is no tomorrow!

Yea, definitely food production is not the best thing we do to ourselves.

Chemicals used to increase land production, and the ways we increase shelf life of perishables is unreal.

Here in the U.S.A, everything has corn syrup, not bad on itself but the amount we consume of it is just poisoning. My wife and I wanted to loose some pounds and we didn't exactly do the Keto diet, but we sure cut sugars as much as we possibly could, I swear we practically had to stop eating 90% of the usual stuff we buy, is ridiculous, we worry about a pandemic from a virus with less than 5% kill rate, but we poison ourselves with worse things, the double standard is truly laughable.

And don't even have me started on fast food chains, is literal garbage fill with flavor enhancers and fillers that are not even close to something you can call food, but we consume it like there is no tomorrow!

I ran into the same experience a few years back. Quit eating most processed foods.

BTW, corn syrup is a killer. The body metabolizes corn syrup differently than sugar.

Top Bottom