What's new

7 O'CLOCK WEEK STARTS THE 30th OF AUGUST!!!

02seep.jpg

Back to the Futur today. Used a 7 o'clock SUper Stainless @4. I might even need to use it @5 with this blade. Had to go to work for a couple of hours and needed something reliable. The shave was excellent.

@StratMan the Russian Greens are milder than the yellows. In my case the yellows last 3 shaves, the Super Stainless only 2, which is a very rare with me. Most blades give me at least 3 shaves. But then again, quite a few members here swear by them.

out of curiosity, what are the green Gillette's like compared to the yellows?
I'll let you know if I ever get around to them! :biggrin1: I'm enjoying the greens quite a bit!

tempImageNJE0m4.jpg

A very nice first shave with the Gillette Heritage. I haven't used an "89" style razor in years. Super mild. A nice break from the more aggressive razors I tend to grab.

I'll let you know if I ever get around to them! :biggrin1: I'm enjoying the greens quite a bit!

View attachment 1321766

A very nice first shave with the Gillette Heritage. I haven't used an "89" style razor in years. Super mild. A nice break from the more aggressive razors I tend to grab.

that head looks so much like a DE89, which i also used today for the same purpose to give my skin a break with a mild shave

that head looks so much like a DE89, which i also used today for the same purpose to give my skin a break with a mild shave
The head might look to you like a DE89, as thousands of heads do, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is the same. The Yaqi scalloped head looks the same as the DE89 but it more aggressive, because of bigger exposure. IIRC someone mentioned here some time ago the Heritage is a bit more aggressive than the DE89.

09.03-].jpg

It's an open comb day today.
Pearl SSH-02S with 7 o'clock Super Platinum. This a tried and true combination for me. Always very nice results. Used the Green Proraso tube. I actually bought hundreds of the Super Platinums mainly to use with the Pearl open combs. Indian razors and Indian blades. Seems only logical. :302:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I found the Gillette 7 O'clock Black plastic razor for 75 INR this year online

I have the black, however am nostalgic about the short handle colored version.

I never realized there was a black one with a longer handle! Enablers! Now I have one on the way from India. :cool:

While I was at it, I never had the Sterling either. So I threw one of those in my cart as well. Slow boat free shipping. Should be here by November. :) Under $10 for both razors. Worth it.

If it is a couple of plastic razors worth $4-5 each, it is not enabling. :lol: All the snap razors are available on Ebay, black Super Platinum and Permasharp (green and red).
And since it is not enabling, there is also a black Super Click for the Thai marker, made in Giillette Shangai. Has the Gillette logo on the cap (the old one from 1974 to 1989). Available on ebay.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
... there is also a black Super Click for the Thai marker, made in Giillette Shangai. Has the Gillette logo on the cap (the old one from 1974 to 1989). Available on ebay.

I've seen that one before. I believe its the same short handled plastic razor as the colored 7OC versions, right? I may even have one stashed away somewhere. Either way, I think i have enough wonky plastic razors for now. :)

I've seen that one before. I believe its the same short handled plastic razor as the colored 7OC versions, right? I may even have one stashed away somewhere. Either way, I think i have enough wonky plastic razors for now. :)
Yes, I have the Super Click and there is no difference with the Permasharp, except the engraved logo on the cap and color. Also it was available 20 years ago as different colors Wilkinson Sword and I think I have seen a very old Nacet.

Shaved with the same setup for the past two days just to better understand the blues. Ordinary blade, really. I will continue using it after the weekend just to see if it excels in longevity.

Saturday shave:

Kent soap
TGN Silvertip 24mm knot grafted into a Vulfix handle
EJ DE89 razor
Gillette 7 O’clock Super Platinum blade
Weleda After Shave Balm

SOTD Sep04,2021.jpg

In my opinion, the only blades worth consideration in this line are the greens and yellows. One being mild the other sharp. But both smooth.
Looking forward to tomorrow's shave.

Top Bottom