What's new

7 O'CLOCK WEEK STARTS THE 30th OF AUGUST!!!

Couldn't resist a 7 O'Clock shave with my current favorite DE razor - the Edwin Jagger 3one6 with my all time favorite sharp blade- Gillette 7 O'Clock super platinum black.

Took a break from my usual straight razor shave for this one.

Very smooth and irritation free 3 pass shave !

20210830_233902.jpg

Last edited:
Since yesterday evening we don't have water (again). Nevertheless I decided to not use the Mach 3 as I do when ther is no water. We need to keep things up with the 7 o'clock week, right? Boiled 1.5 liter of water and shaved with the 7 o'clock Super Stainless in the Futur @4. The shave was very good. And using a well known to me blade I realised something. One of the main differences between the Futur and the Ming Shi 2000s. The blade is more rigid in the Futur. Well, not as rigid as in the Progress. For people with heavy beards like me this is a good thing. I still prefer the weight of the Ming Shi against the Futur. 127 g is a bit much for me.

Since yesterday evening we don't have water (again). Nevertheless I decided to not use the Mach 3 as I do when ther is no water. We need to keep things up with the 7 o'clock week, right? Boiled 1.5 liter of water and shaved with the 7 o'clock Super Stainless in the Futur @4. The shave was very good. And using a well known to me blade I realised something. One of the main differences between the Futur and the Ming Shi 2000s. The blade is more rigid in the Futur. Well, not as rigid as in the Progress. For people with heavy beards like me this is a good thing. I still prefer the weight of the Ming Shi against the Futur. 127 g is a bit much for me.
Is this the new chrome monster - 127g sounds like it.

Yes it is the Chrome Futur. You need to excercise for 5 minutes with dumbbells before shaving with it. :lol:
The good thing is the chrome is not slippery, at least in my hands. The shave is 1st class, though. Definitely my type of shave.

Yes it is the Chrome Futur. You need to excercise for 5 minutes with dumbbells before shaving with it. :lol:
The good thing is the chrome is not slippery, at least in my hands. The shave is 1st class, though. Definitely my type of shave.

You can replace the dumbells with a Pearl Flexi razor at 140 gms. Advantage - when you're done, you can shave with it as well !

You can replace the dumbells with a Pearl Flexi razor at 140 gms. Advantage - when you're done, you can shave with it as well !

I was just thinking about the Flexi. And even am currently browsing stores for it. What a coincidence!
I put the Futur with the blade in it on the scales - 128g.
140 g, you say. I didn't know that. At least the Flexi is short. The Futur is pretty long - actually looks like a weapon.

Early on I shopped at WCS and only looked up the length and not the diameter…
57298638-0928-4341-8398-E9720C30A897.jpeg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I will play! I didn't notice this thread until after I shaved yesterday. So sorry for the delayed start. :)

I read through the thread, but not very closely. I like looking at the pics! Anyways, I didn't really note anyone mentioning the 7 O'Clock BLUE Super Platinum blades. I have a small stash of these. They were highly coveted when I first started wet shaving, and then they went the way of the dinosaur into Unobtanium land. So I kept them. Not my favorite blade by any stretch. Super mega sharp, but quite rough to me. I am still feeling the sting of my aftershave. But they are a neat part of the brand history. And they are literally hard to find than P74's.

Accompanied by the venerable 7 O'Clock Flat Bottom NEW in the original Bakelite case, Catties Bubbles, Leo Frilot Timberwolf, and PAA Aloha Smackdown Star Jelly, this was an excellent shave.

Stay smooth gents!

2021-08-31 09.16.54.jpg

2021-08-31 09.27.39.jpg

I will play! I didn't notice this thread until after I shaved yesterday. So sorry for the delayed start. :)

I read through the thread, but not very closely. I like looking at the pics! Anyways, I didn't really note anyone mentioning the 7 O'Clock BLUE Super Platinum blades. I have a small stash of these. They were highly coveted when I first started wet shaving, and then they went the way of the dinosaur into Unobtanium land. So I kept them. Not my favorite blade by any stretch. Super mega sharp, but quite rough to me. I am still feeling the sting of my aftershave. But they are a neat part of the brand history. And they are literally hard to find than P74's.

Accompanied by the venerable 7 O'Clock Flat Bottom NEW in the original Bakelite case, Catties Bubbles, Leo Frilot Timberwolf, and PAA Aloha Smackdown Star Jelly, this was an excellent shave.

Stay smooth gents!

View attachment 1320160

View attachment 1320161
They were mentioned by me in post #21. There were 2 blue label Super Platinums. THe first were earlier, around 1999 and were made by Czech Blades SRO. And I think @VerbaVolant actually showed a blue one in post #22.

Razor: AutoStrop - 7 O’Clock (1911-12) London, England
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE - modified (3)
Brush: Henri et Victoria - High Mountain White Badger 22mm
Pre-Shave: CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser
Lather: Proraso - Green
Aftershave: Stirling Iced Pineapple (Splash)
11C49C93-5A5B-4173-B36F-308E85AE83DA.jpeg

7 o’clock you say?
Here is where it all began. This early Autostrop razor is the first usage of the 7 o’clock brand, and was patented by Henry Gaisman. It’s a good thing he ended taking over Gillette or there would be no such thing as 7 o’clock blades for you to love.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
They were mentioned by me in post #21. There were 2 blue label Super Platinums. THe first were earlier, around 1999 and were made by Czech Blades SRO. And I think @VerbaVolant actually showed a blue one in post #22.

I did say I didnt read through the thread very closely. :) I stand corrected. But I did use the Blue blade today.

Top Bottom