What's new

7 O'CLOCK WEEK STARTS THE 30th OF AUGUST!!!

So here is an idea I got 3 days ago. And I am surprised we didn't have it until now.
Let us shave for a week with 7 O'Clock blades. Almost everyone has any of the 4 currently manufactured blades.

As some of you know the 7 O'clock brand has been acquired by Gillette in the early 1930s. It is a brand currently marketed by P&G only in Asia, but the grey market in other continents has been selling them for more than 15 years (especially online).

Here are the rules:
You should shave with a 7 o'clock blade in a 7 o'clock razor at 7 o'clock in the morning or the evening (just kidding). :lol:

Use a 7 o'clock blade and / or a 7 o'clock razor. (7 AM, Sharp, etc. blades don't count, except if they are in a 7 o'clock razor) As always part-timers accepted. A 7 o'clock razor with another brand of blade is acceptable also.
The start is set for the European start of the week - 30th of August. Those who are in North America just start on the 29th as Sunday is the first day of the week there.
Do not forget to post photos and tell us your impressions - how it went etc.

Neglected by you or by a previous owner? 😁
Here it is, in all its beauty and with a Spiral Tech handle. The original one was a bit ratty but I kept it as well.
322857A7-989E-49CB-BD9D-85FE07824AF0.jpeg

Can anybody tell me the story behind them? These were non Gillette marked razors to push the sales of specific blades or for foreign markets?

Can anybody tell me the story behind them? These were non Gillette marked razors to push the sales of specific blades or for foreign markets?
I am pretty sure they were sold in the UK in the 30s and 40s. Most I have seen are basically a NEW long comb with the raised flat bottom.

All I know is Henry Gaisman of Autostrop produced the first 7 o’clock razor prior to The Autostrop Valets. When Autostrop merged with Gillette after Gillette’s copyright infringement on Autostrops Probak blades, Gaisman took over Gillette and brought his Patented 7 o’clock name with him.
Pictured is my Autostrop 7 o’clock razor. The only one I’ve personally ever seen.
D92944FA-D538-45B9-8B31-D32AAD7C31C4.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
All I know is Henry Gaisman of Autostrop produced the first 7 o’clock razor prior to The Autostrop Valets. When Autostrop merged with Gillette after Gillette’s copyright infringement on Autostrops Probak blades, Gaisman took over Gillette and brought his Patented 7 o’clock name with him.
Pictured is my Autostrop 7 o’clock razor. The only one I’ve personally ever seen.
View attachment 1316676
VERY nice. Beautiful condition.

I'll look tomorrow morning for a 7 o'clock blade. If I gots one, I am in!

Top Bottom