What's new

7 O'CLOCK WEEK STARTS THE 30th OF AUGUST!!!

Currentlly 4 models. 2 Russian made and 2 Indian made. The Indian are for the Indian market only. The Russian are for the Middle East.
2-3 decades ago there were Super Platinums made in the Czech Republic, when Czech blades SRO was a property of Gillette and later Super Platinums made in Russia, both had somewhat blueish lables, instead of black. Also there was a 7 o'clock Diamond for the Asian market, IIRC manufactured in India. But it was short-lived.

I am in.

7 O'Clock Blades.jpg

Headstart into 7 o’clock week
I started with the yellow SharpEdge in my 7 o’clock OC.
The blade felt very smooth but maybe I was a bit over eager or the crooked teeth skewed the geometry - anyway DFS+ with 2 weepers on my neck. I never get weepers on my neck :confused1

I’ll stay most of the week with this razor so there’s time for a more thorough assessment in the days to come.

E4E5A692-78A7-48B3-835A-CB7096EF17D0.jpeg

Headstart into 7 o’clock week
I started with the yellow SharpEdge in my 7 o’clock OC.
The blade felt very smooth but maybe I was a bit over eager or the crooked teeth skewed the geometry - anyway DFS+ with 2 weepers on my neck. I never get weepers on my neck :confused1

I’ll stay most of the week with this razor so there’s time for a more thorough assessment in the days to come.

View attachment 1319031
That 7 o'clock razor looks to me like a NEW long comb. These are aggressive razors, more aggressive than the current Fatip open combs. And you used a very sharp blade also.

WR2 1.25
7 O’clock SE yellow
MdC Argumes
Custom Boar 26mm
RAWR splash

excellent shave with the SE yellows, not as sharp as my usual go to in the razor (feather) but also no weepers 😀

5FEF4C8B-258B-4221-AC2A-67977B2D2F34.jpeg

Last edited:
My Sunday shave

Vulfix Soap
Simpson Commodore X1 brush
EJ DE89 razor
Gillette 7 O’clock Super Stainless blade
Weleda After Shave Balm

SOTD Aug29,2021.jpg

My travel brush X1 is the only scritchy (prickly) Simpson I have in my collection. The X2 is a joy.
The scent on that Vulfix is discreet and the lather is excellent. This is my Sunday soap, on its fourth use.
7 O’clock Super Stainless blade is the least sharp of the four but the one I use the most. A better (smoother and sharper) blade than ASTRA, in my opinion, but also more expensive.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
20.jpg

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Manchurian
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Razor: 7 O'Clock
Blade: Rapira
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice Cologne

My only 7 o'clock razor but along with the Goodwill it is one of my top five all time razors. I used a Rapira blade rather than the vintage 7 o'ock blades shown. Wow, the Cologne is good, if only all Old Spice could be like this!

View attachment 1319435

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Manchurian
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Razor: 7 O'Clock
Blade: Rapira
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice Cologne

My only 7 o'clock razor but along with the Goodwill it is one of my top five all time razors. I used a Rapira blade rather than the vintage 7 o'ock blades shown. Wow, the Cologne is good, if only all Old Spice could be like this!
Which Rapira? There are 4 models.

7ocl1stshave.jpg

First 7 o'clock week shave:
7 O'clock Sterling razor / 7 O'clock Sharpedge blade.Haven't tried this combination.
Never liked that razor and that blade. Considering the fact, the shave was good.
3 tiny weepers. And irritation during shaving.

Monday shave

Kent soap
TGN Finest 24mm knot grafted into a Vulfix handle
Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
EJ DE89 razor
Weleda After Shave Balm

IMG_5781.JPG

Another fantastic shave. Kent (MWF) soap is among the best soaps in my den. Slick, slick, slick. Excellent lather and scent.
Couple that with the sharpest 7 O'Clock blade and I got a comfortable near-BBS shave.

Top Bottom